The Student Room Group

Writing a letter to my future husband?!?

I came across this idea quite recently, and my cousin wrote one for his future wife, who he's now married too.

I know many of you reading, don't even know that it's a thing until now.

I know it sounds super cringe and bizarre, but i might consider it, since i love writing. What do you guys think? or am i just going to waste my time, as it may scare him off?
I mean who knows if God even has marriage planned for me, I might even drop dead before the time comes.

Btw, i'm not engaged or considering marriage right now.

I don't who this guy is, or where he is in the world. But I'm eager to know!
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think it would be a nice idea if your future husband was into that kind of thing. I imagine if I gave a letter like that to my boyfriend he'd just laugh at me (not the most romantic person in the world) but another guy would love it and think it was really sweet.
Yeahh i reconsidered and thought that just a letter won't tighten the bond haha :rolleyes:
Ik, thinking about it, i think its kinda cute. I have sooo many things to say, i think it'll be a great laugh.
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm sure he'd be into that kinda thing lol. I mean he's going to have to be compatible with me in order for us to get married right?
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I think it would be a nice idea if your future husband was into that kind of thing. I imagine if I gave a letter like that to my boyfriend he'd just laugh at me (not the most romantic person in the world) but another guy would love it and think it was really sweet.
Reply 4
errrr.....lmao?
No way, you acctually wrote it now? :rofl:
Gonna do mine when i'm acctually in the mood. When my handwritings on point.
Original post by HumbleBee_x
I came across this idea quite recently, and my cousin wrote one for his future wife, who he's now married too.

I know many of you reading, don't even know that it's a thing until now.

I know it sounds super cringe and bizarre, but i might consider it, since i love writing. What do you guys think? or am i just going to be wasting my time?
I mean who knows if God even has marriage planned for me, I might even drop dead before the time comes.

Btw, i'm not engaged or considering marriage right now.

I think this is a beautiful idea, I'd say do it!
Sorry this song immediately came up in my head :laugh:
Yes, i immediately first thought of her song too lol
But, my words are nowhere going to be like the lyrics though
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
Sorry this song immediately came up in my head :laugh:
Yes, i immediately first thought of her song too lol
But, my words are nowhere going to be like the lyrics though

haha same here :five:
Alright for 14yr old girls I suppose.
"I’m gonna be the best wife ever" - I hope you find a guy who deserves you... :h:
Why 14?
Original post by DrSocSciences
Alright for 14yr old girls I suppose.
You aren't engaged. So you are writing a letter to someone you haven't even met yet? Not gonna lie, this sounds really bloody odd. Cause for instant annulment because it's evidence for unstable behaviour.
Although its quite rare, i wouldn't say it's odd.
its almost like writing some sort of journal/diary, obviously when writing, one should bear in mind that marriage shouldn't make them feel "complete"
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
You aren't engaged. So you are writing a letter to someone you haven't even met yet? Not gonna lie, this sounds really bloody odd. Cause for instant annulment because it's evidence for unstable behaviour.
This is making me want to write one (I've already written one to my future self).
I don’t think it’s weird, but I wouldn’t write one. I would find it hard to write a letter to someone who I haven’t met yet
Well thats the whole point i guess. If i already knew who I'm going to marry, i might aswell just write a normal wedding letter and go from there. The point of this is really to emphasize curiosity, well in my opinion, like idk appearance, his career, just random thoughts some girls have.
Many write a collection of letters, and include points in their life like “I hope you’re doing well. I’m swamped in studying right now because I’ve got 2 more tests next week!” what a fun way to freeze time and where you were at when you were that age. Its also a great way to offer a fresh perspective on life. And, many write prayers they may have, and include Biblical/Quran references.
Overall, i just think its a great gift to give.

Original post by Bubblylibra
I don’t think it’s weird, but I wouldn’t write one. I would find it hard to write a letter to someone who I haven’t met yet
(edited 5 years ago)
Because it’s the type of fantasy endeavour that I associate with children of that age.
Why 14?
Someone's been reading too much Oscar Wilde....:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending