The Student Room Group

25 and Over

In September 2019 I'll be starting my second year of my BSc and I will be 25yo.

Whose income will be taken into account for my student finance application?

I have not been reliant on my parent's income for 3 years: 2 I was in full time employment and the last year I have been full time at university. Hoping that my parent's income is not a factor as I received only £2300 of loan this year...
Original post by HollyPick
In September 2019 I'll be starting my second year of my BSc and I will be 25yo.

Whose income will be taken into account for my student finance application?

I have not been reliant on my parent's income for 3 years: 2 I was in full time employment and the last year I have been full time at university. Hoping that my parent's income is not a factor as I received only £2300 of loan this year...

Hi Holly,

As you will be over 25 years old before the start of the academic year you will be assessed as an independent student. This means we don't need to assess you based on your parents income for the means tested funding.

Thanks, Andy
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Andrew
Hi Holly,

As you will be over 25 years old before the start of the academic year you will be assessed as an independent student. This means we don't need to assess you based on your parents income for the means tested funding.

Thanks, Andy

thanks for your reply Andy. I just have a couple more questions if that's okay?

I will be living with my boyfriend (not married or civil partnership), will he have to declare his income for my means tested student finance?

And I will be also applying for an NHS bursary, will my student finance be capped?
thanks for your reply Andy. I just have a couple more questions if that's okay?

I will be living with my boyfriend (not married or civil partnership), will he have to declare his income for my means tested student finance?

And I will be also applying for an NHS bursary, will my student finance be capped?

Hi there,

Yes, if you are living with a partner the the will need to sponsor your application for the means tested funding.

Regarding the NHS Bursary, any Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Heath Professional courses are no longer eligible for NHS bursary. Are you sure you can receive this?

Thanks, Andy
Reply 4
Hi there,

Yes, if you are living with a partner the the will need to sponsor your application for the means tested funding.

Regarding the NHS Bursary, any Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Heath Professional courses are no longer eligible for NHS bursary. Are you sure you can receive this?

Thanks, Andy

I'm studying at dental hygiene at Birmingham so as far as I'm aware, I am still eligible for the bursary as I received it for 2018/19
I'm studying at dental hygiene at Birmingham so as far as I'm aware, I am still eligible for the bursary as I received it for 2018/19

Hi there,

Dental Hygiene Therapy is separate form the aforementioned and is indeed eligible for NHS bursary. This means that you would be entitled to Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan only.

Thanks, Andy
Reply 6
Hi there,

Dental Hygiene Therapy is separate form the aforementioned and is indeed eligible for NHS bursary. This means that you would be entitled to Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan only.

Thanks, Andy

Thanks for all your help Andy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending