The Student Room Group

Residency

I am a European citizen who came in 2015 and I have applied for student finances recently and they are asking me for evidence for my residency. But I am struggling since I do not have proof as utility bills that are in my name since they are in my parents' name and I have never worked so I do not have P60 and I do not have child benefit either. The only thing I can offer is a bank statement and a letter from the school since I attended. I send those or do I have to send my parents' P60 and utilities bills with their passports?
Original post by Joannah0
I am a European citizen who came in 2015 and I have applied for student finances recently and they are asking me for evidence for my residency. But I am struggling since I do not have proof as utility bills that are in my name since they are in my parents' name and I have never worked so I do not have P60 and I do not have child benefit either. The only thing I can offer is a bank statement and a letter from the school since I attended. I send those or do I have to send my parents' P60 and utilities bills with their passports?

Hi there,

If you were a minor when you first arrived in the UK, we can accept the following evidence as proof of residency;

Original certificates
Letters from college or school (Attendance letters from schools or colleges must contain dates tyou attended ‘from and to’ and be date specific DD/MM/YYYY. Letter must be on headed paper and be either hand signed or have a digital signature)
Young person’s account
Child tax credits letter (Student must be named)

We can also accept bank statements. Please ensure that if these are printed from the internet, they are signed and stamped by the bank.

Thanks,
Erin K

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending