The Student Room Group

waiting for the summer to lose weight

i've had problems with eating my whole life,it used to be binge eating however for a year now it's been a mix of binge eating and restricting.i have lost weight, but i want to lose more so bad.however, i have gcses and if i fail then i have to do a 3 year course i don't want to, in a place full of people who aren't nice to me at all aha so i'm not taking any risks. i've decided to wait until i finish school to lose weight but i'm so worried! if i gain weight i'll be even more stressed,and this sounds weird but i want ppl to see me lose weight.i want to wait but it's going to be so hard, i haven't gone 2 months without restricting for years and i hate waking up feeling full of food. can someone give me advice to calm me down please aha
Reply 1
Binge eating + restricting does not sound like a healthy way to lose weight. But whatever.

What I will say is that the healthier you feel, the better you exams will go. I.e. don't go out of your way to eat unhealthily before your exams.
Simplest way to keep weight off is stay bellow your daily calorie limit and exercise.
Reply 3
Original post by mazzystar111
i've had problems with eating my whole life,it used to be binge eating however for a year now it's been a mix of binge eating and restricting.i have lost weight, but i want to lose more so bad.however, i have gcses and if i fail then i have to do a 3 year course i don't want to, in a place full of people who aren't nice to me at all aha so i'm not taking any risks. i've decided to wait until i finish school to lose weight but i'm so worried! if i gain weight i'll be even more stressed,and this sounds weird but i want ppl to see me lose weight.i want to wait but it's going to be so hard, i haven't gone 2 months without restricting for years and i hate waking up feeling full of food. can someone give me advice to calm me down please aha

There's no point in delaying it, I've found this out myself. Delaying it until the summer tells me that you don't have the full commitment to achieve your goals. If you really want to do it, start as in right now, don't delay anything.

Try slim shakes, they're meal replacements. Start by replacing a meal a day. Stay away from fried foods etc, like friend chicken. Make sure to have a healthy breakfast and a healthy meal once a day, meals such as spag bowl will do or even a Sunday dinner. Replace your lunch time meal with a slim shake and the pounds will drop off. Also, how big are you and whats your height? I'm currently 6'2 and 218 pounds, I've began jogging, I jog 3-4 times a week for 5 miles and do fitness swimming twice a week along with 200 sit ups a day. If you feel that would be too much for you then try walking for five miles and build yourself up until you're able to run it. I've lost 22 pounds since beginning my plan to lose weight 2 months ago.
PM me if you want any tips.
(edited 5 years ago)
Control your money and you control your food...
the thing is i would start now,but i know i won't be able to concentrate on my exams if i do so i think i'll wait until the summer, but thankyou :smile:
Original post by Suzey567
There's no point in delaying it, I've found this out myself. Delaying it until the summer tells me that you don't have the full commitment to achieve your goals. If you really want to do it, start as in right now, don't delay anything.

Try slim shakes, they're meal replacements. Start by replacing a meal a day. Stay away from fried foods etc, like friend chicken. Make sure to have a healthy breakfast and a healthy meal once a day, meals such as spag bowl will do or even a Sunday dinner. Replace your lunch time meal with a slim shake and the pounds will drop off. Also, how big are you and whats your height? I'm currently 6'2 and 218 pounds, I've began jogging, I jog 3-4 times a week for 5 miles and do fitness swimming twice a week along with 200 sit ups a day. If you feel that would be too much for you then try walking for five miles and build yourself up until you're able to run it. I've lost 22 pounds since beginning my plan to lose weight 2 months ago.
PM me if you want any tips.

Quick Reply

Latest