Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys,
I don’t know if this is the correct forum to post in so excuse me if it’s not.
So me and my now ex boyfriend had protected sex about 3 weeks ago and I was going through ovulation at this time.
I don’t know why but I’ve started to feel really sick recently, I’ve had cramping, I get tired so easily, I have a metallic taste in my mouth and other symptoms.
I checked online and I found out that these are pregnancy symptoms. My mum also thinks that I might be pregnant too. I’m just a bit shocked because we used protection.
Can someone please give me some idea about what’s going on!
I’m due on my period tomorrow so I don’t know if I should go out and get a pregnancy test or what!
Many thanks x
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I’d say wait and see if your period comes. If a couple days pass after your expected “Day 1”, go and get the pregnancy test.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
Make sure you get a couple of pregnancy tests to confirm the pregnancy. I'm assuming the condom broke but did you... feel anything special during humpty dumpty?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi guys,
So me and my now ex boyfriend had protected sex about 3 weeks ago and I was going through ovulation at this time.
I don’t know why but I’ve started to feel really sick recently, I’ve had cramping, I get tired so easily, I have a metallic taste in my mouth and other symptoms.
I checked online and I found out that these are pregnancy symptoms. My mum also thinks that I might be pregnant too. I’m just a bit shocked because we used protection.
I’m due on my period tomorrow so I don’t know if I should go out and get a pregnancy test or what!
Many thanks x
I’d say wait and see if your period comes. If a couple days pass after your expected “Day 1”, go and get the pregnancy test.
Anonymous #1
No I didn’t
Anonymous #1
Make sure you get a couple of pregnancy tests to confirm the pregnancy. I'm assuming the condom broke but did you... feel anything special during humpty dumpty?
No I didn’t
Sexwise
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys,
Many thanks x
Hi there

This is the right place

If you are worried about your symptoms it's advisable to go to a doctor or nurse.

It's a good idea to take a pregnancy test just to be sure. You can take a pregnancy test from the first day of a missed period, or up to three weeks after sex.

Have you started a new form of contraception? Sometimes people can get symptoms that are similar to pregnancy when they start some forms of hormonal contraception such as the combined pill- have a look at the side effects section of this leaflet.

Sometimes people mistake PMT for pregnancy, so that's something to consider too. Again, if you are worried please speak to a doctor or nurse.

It's good that you can talk to your mum about this - communication is key.

Good luck!

Daisy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (36)
15.38%
I'm not sure (8)
3.42%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (88)
37.61%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.71%
I'm not a current university student (98)
41.88%

Watched Threads