The Student Room Group

Bleeding after orgasm

Okay so this is probs gonna be a long post but here it goes

Im currently on the pill and the contraceptive implant (its in my arm) im on the pill because i was bleeding irregular with the bar and the pill stops my bleeding but if i miss one day im back to bleeding again which is normal for me i guess, so this is what i normally expext right?? Bleeding if i miss my pill, okay nothing to really worry about.
But recently one night i was masturbating (as you do) with a toy and i orgasmed, finished up and got ready to clean and put things away etc, i look down and there it is. Blood. Great, although this time i didnt forget my pill so i just thought maybe it was my toy?? Even tho i didnt go deep enough to hurt myself. Anyways as much as it scared me because it was fresh blood i passed it off as random. The bleeding stopped the next day and it never continued but then again it happened a few days later when i orgasmed (without my toy this time, just clit play) it was kinda fresh blood and i noticed that i get cramps/sharp pains almost like period pains whenever i finish, only when i finish like im absolutely fine whenever me and my boyfriend have sex or if i *** its only when i orgasm for some reason? Its happened 4 times now i think and at this point it feels like im being punished everytime i masturbate! Im going to the sexual health clinic this week to see what the hell is going on but i wanted to know if anyone else has/had this problem??
Reply 1
I also have this problem. I’ve been taken off the pill but this has been happening to me for sometime (I’ve been on the implant for about 4 years now and was only recently taken off the pill. It’s not every time I orgasm but it happens sometimes. What did the clinic say?
Original post by ghoulyx
I also have this problem. I’ve been taken off the pill but this has been happening to me for sometime (I’ve been on the implant for about 4 years now and was only recently taken off the pill. It’s not every time I orgasm but it happens sometimes. What did the clinic say?

Have you been checked for STIs? Are you up to date with smears (if you are old enough to get them)?
Reply 3
I have not been checked for STIs and I’m not old enough to have my smear test yet. I’d say I’ve had this happen on and off for a good few years and only started after I got the implant and was put on the pill
Original post by Anonymous
Have you been checked for STIs? Are you up to date with smears (if you are old enough to get them)?
Original post by ghoulyx
I have not been checked for STIs and I’m not old enough to have my smear test yet. I’d say I’ve had this happen on and off for a good few years and only started after I got the implant and was put on the pill

Definitely worth having an STI test and seeing your GP about this.
Reply 5
Ok thankyou. I wasn’t the original poster of this but I was curious as to what their doctor had said to them. I have already told a nurse about it but I’m due to see my GP soon as I’ve been taken off my pill
Reply 6
Hey, also have the arm implant and have the same symptoms, did you ever see your gp ?
Reply 7
I have the same exact problem and I also have the arm implant ? Did you ever see your gp ?
Sounds like cervical ectropion to me:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cervical_ectropion

Bleeding at other times in your cycle should be checked by your GP to rule out nasty causes.
Reply 9
Original post by Apachecow
Sounds like cervical ectropion to me:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cervical_ectropion

Bleeding at other times in your cycle should be checked by your GP to rule out nasty causes.

That’s what I have! They told me it was most likely because of all the hormones I was on!

Latest