The Student Room Group

What to do about a girl I have a mad connection with and possible feelings for

OK so I met this girl recently - met up with her 3 times now in total. I suppose I can't say I know her *that* well, but each time we've met we've ended up going back to mine or hers and talking all night, often about very deep and intimate topics. We just have this crazy immediate connection (which is mutual).I wasn't immediately attracted to her physically but I'm starting to see her in that way, and I imagine the kind of connection we have is the exact kind that would/could be the basis of an intimate relationship. I'm gay and she's bi, so there could be potential there.Two main problems:1. From the sound of her past sex life she's had a lot of very passionate male partners, and I on the other hand am not very sex-orientated at all, so I worry I couldn't give her what she needs in that sense.2. I am very inexperienced with proper relationships (particularly with women) and now that we've got into the friendship thing so quickly, I have no idea how to progress from here. I have a lot of respect for her and she trusts me, so I kind of feel like making a move now would make me come across as cheap and sleazy, particularly as I'm a lesbian, so I worry that she'd think I had been planning it all along or something.Any tips on what I could do to at least start testing the waters without risking compromising our friendship would be very helpful! How do I know if she's interested? And how do I figure out whether sex really is as important to her as it seems?
I think if you do have that intimate connection then you should just be straight up honest with her! I know it's daunting but at least you'll get the answers you need.

Lucy
Reply 2
Original post by drc21
OK so I met this girl recently - met up with her 3 times now in total. I suppose I can't say I know her *that* well, but each time we've met we've ended up going back to mine or hers and talking all night, often about very deep and intimate topics. We just have this crazy immediate connection (which is mutual).I wasn't immediately attracted to her physically but I'm starting to see her in that way, and I imagine the kind of connection we have is the exact kind that would/could be the basis of an intimate relationship. I'm gay and she's bi, so there could be potential there.Two main problems:1. From the sound of her past sex life she's had a lot of very passionate male partners, and I on the other hand am not very sex-orientated at all, so I worry I couldn't give her what she needs in that sense.2. I am very inexperienced with proper relationships (particularly with women) and now that we've got into the friendship thing so quickly, I have no idea how to progress from here. I have a lot of respect for her and she trusts me, so I kind of feel like making a move now would make me come across as cheap and sleazy, particularly as I'm a lesbian, so I worry that she'd think I had been planning it all along or something.Any tips on what I could do to at least start testing the waters without risking compromising our friendship would be very helpful! How do I know if she's interested? And how do I figure out whether sex really is as important to her as it seems?

Not too difficult. Why not hug her on occasions and hold on a bit longer with the hug. See how she reacts. Don't overthink things. She is your friend and is unlikely to be upset by an easy initial physical expression of your feelings. Talk to her about your feelings and hers. Otherwise you are both just guessing each other's feelings. Ignore her past relationships; they can't help you ! You don't know how sexual she is yet so don't worry about her sex drive or yours! Carry on dating her!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending