The Student Room Group

Are we both dating or are we still friends?

I can't tell if I'm dating her or not at this point. She is my best friend, and basically I heard she had feelings for me. She started hinting it at me and whatnot. I asked her out to prom, we both agreed we're going as serious dates. The weird thing is, we already do coupley things and there's like an unspoken expectation that we remain monogamous. She was telling me that she felt a bit insecure with some of my other female friends because she was scared that I'd get along with them more and find them more attractive and as a result leave. And then she went on to say that she's afraid of losing me. I did re-assure her that I wouldn't. But nonetheless. It's like weird. Because there's not really anything "official" like I haven't taken her out on a date. But she acts like we're in a relationship in a way.

To clarify we are both 18.
A kinda similar thing happened with me. We were best friends - it turned into more than that and then now... We don't speak at all.
Original post by Anonymous
I can't tell if I'm dating her or not at this point. She is my best friend, and basically I heard she had feelings for me. She started hinting it at me and whatnot. I asked her out to prom, we both agreed we're going as serious dates. The weird thing is, we already do coupley things and there's like an unspoken expectation that we remain monogamous. She was telling me that she felt a bit insecure with some of my other female friends because she was scared that I'd get along with them more and find them more attractive and as a result leave. And then she went on to say that she's afraid of losing me. I did re-assure her that I wouldn't. But nonetheless. It's like weird. Because there's not really anything "official" like I haven't taken her out on a date. But she acts like we're in a relationship in a way.

Reply 2

It sounds like it would be best to just talk to her and ask what she wants from your friendship/relationship. Think about what it is that you want, and tell her.

99% of problems in relationships seem to be down to miscommunication or not talking at all.
Reply 3

Ask her, not us.
Reply 4
Update:- Yes we are officialy dating!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending