The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Coz a woman like being oppressed and dominated by a man and nice blokes can hardly do tht. I mean they r a bit of a pushover
Reply 2
ZOIKA
why do BAD BOYS get all the girls?

One of life's mysteries lol.
Maybe they're just more confident and out going, therefore more likely to approach girls?
But then not all girls like bad boys, and not all bad boys get tons of girls.
Personally, i think somewhere in between is perfect. Not too bad, but not too good either
The same instinctive way lionesses mate with the dominant alpha male. They will produce strong offspring with a high survival rate.
Reply 4
It goes back to cave times
Errmm not all girls like bad boys - I for one don't.
Perhaps they're attracted to the reputation and "power" they supposedly have...it's kind of stupid actually and it's a case of the rabbit and turtle really. Although the descent blokes may seem inferior right now, in a few years to come, they'll be filthy rich living a posperous life, where as the "bad boys" will be unemployed with a criminal record...if that's still attractive to them then lord help us!:|
I have no idea... I have the worst possible taste in men, and if a guy is really sweet and nice and good to me, I run a mile! What is wrong with me?!?!
Reply 8
No idea....

I don't.
Reply 9
it's because they're more confident and probably less boring
Reply 10
Kind of agree with sophie there, as i wouldnt say im a "bad boy" as in i dont set **** on fire, beat on people and smoke drugs. However id say im really outgoing and confident and that in my opinion is half the battle and i dont really have much of a problem.

but then to the OP yes, i have come across many girls who would rather go for a guy that would bitch slap them than buy them a drink
pah I don't like 'bad boys' as such really... then again they don't like me either so the feeling is mutual haha
Reply 12
sophie..
One of life's mysteries lol.
Maybe they're just more confident and out going, therefore more likely to approach girls?
But then not all girls like bad boys, and not all bad boys get tons of girls.
Personally, i think somewhere in between is perfect. Not too bad, but not too good either

Agreed. On a more serious note, confidence is everything. and "Bad-boys" tend to be over-confident for 2 reasons.

1. Rich, therefore can throw money around and buy themselves out of trouble or vice versa

2. Under-privlieged, therefore nothing to lose and don't really give a !cuk about the concequences.

PPL who usually tend to get screwed fall in between the two. i.e. Middle Class!
Reply 13
'Bad boys' would really put me off. If they didn't work hard in class etc or did stupid things like smoked, took drugs, crime etc I would never ever be attracted to them.
Reply 14
Well I think the reason a lot of girls would choose a "bad boy" over a REALLY nice sweet guy, is because some nice guys can come across as being desperate/insecure and having no backbone. Most people would rather go out with someone who more independant and has a strong personality (even if they are a bit of a p**** sometimes), than someone who just agrees with whatever you say and needs your approval to feel good about themselves.
Obviously that is just an extreme - I'd rather go out with someone who treats me really well and is respectful, but has self respect and their own personality, and I try to stay away from bad boys.
The nicer and nerdier, the better IMO.
'Bad boys' hold absolutley no appeal to me, possibly because 'bad boy' typically translates as 'dick head'.
i actually don't like 'bad boys' i go for lads i can have a laugh with and easy to talk to.
ChrisLincoln
The same instinctive way lionesses mate with the dominant alpha male. They will produce strong offspring with a high survival rate.

lol!
I don't know, I certainly don't!
That said, boys who are as wet as a dish cloth are a bit off-putting as well.

Latest

Trending

Trending