The Student Room Group

My boyfriend wants me to get the patch

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AzureCeleste
Some people use the pill though to help with their period (idk what your problem is obviously but it may be something to consider)

Can confirm this.

The pill can help a lot with periods.

My friend (who by no means has easy periods) used to have periods that lasted upwards of a week with bad cramps, pain, etc. The kind where she'd actually have to go to hospital and whatnot to deal with them.

She started using the pill (not for contraception, no BF or anything... she did at one point for a short while though!) to help with her periods. As far as I am aware, they're down to 2-3 days and are manageable with over the counter medication at this point.

Testament to the pill!
Reply 21
Will buy then for him
Original post by Cheesybread
He can wear a real thin condom, that feels like your net wearing one. You shouldn't have to compromise and wear the protection you don't want to
Reply 22
I was on the pill but my periods got worse with it. So I stopped it in
Some people use the pill though to help with their period (idk what your problem is obviously but it may be something to consider)
Reply 23
See this is why I don’t want it
Reply 24
Original post by Okay12055
I think that’s all he wants. He just doesn’t want to wear one. I already have problems with my periods and I don’t want anything else to happen.

Hi! Have you talked to a doctor about it? Sometimes contraceptives can help with periods (for example the injection stops periods in some people)
Fair enough
(although we have vaccinations for HPV so cervical cancer is less of a problem)
I was on the pill but my periods got worse with it. So I stopped it in

Fair enough. Does your boyfriend understand your worries? Maybe he just wants to see if the patch will work or help as an alternative instead
Don't feel pressured into using it though if you don't want to
Reply 27
He does in some ways. But he just says to me that it’s always about me and that I don’t think about him. He asked me about an hour ago. He was like go to the doctors and ask for the patch. I said I don’t want to I’m nervous and I don’t want to get it. He just said whatever and said **** off to me.
Fair enough. Does your boyfriend understand your worries? Maybe he just wants to see if the patch will work or help as an alternative instead
Don't feel pressured into using it though if you don't want to
Reply 28
He sounds terrible :frown:
He does in some ways. But he just says to me that it’s always about me and that I don’t think about him. He asked me about an hour ago. He was like go to the doctors and ask for the patch. I said I don’t want to I’m nervous and I don’t want to get it. He just said whatever and said **** off to me.
Reply 29
He loves me to bits. But when it comes to the patch and sex he gets moody
Original post by Tafx
He sounds terrible :frown:
Don't let him make you feel like you're the one being selfish, he is. He clearly doesn't fully understand your feelings about it because hes not the one who is going to have to go through it. He sounds like he only cares about his own pleasure. If he doesnt respect your feelings I honestly dont think hes worth it. Dont do anything that you dont want to do, its your body after all.
He loves me to bits. But when it comes to the patch and sex he gets moody

See post #2
Reply 32
I’ve said that to him. But for some reason he doesn’t understand that. My friend is on that as well and it is really effecting her bad!

Sort your communication then
Your nervous isn't an excuse for not getting it. Explain to him why you don't want to get it and that it is for your health, then hear his point of view
Reply 34
Exactly, thank you for that. All he cares about is not having a condom on.
Original post by Cloudiii
Don't let him make you feel like you're the one being selfish, he is. He clearly doesn't fully understand your feelings about it because hes not the one who is going to have to go through it. He sounds like he only cares about his own pleasure. If he doesnt respect your feelings I honestly dont think hes worth it. Dont do anything that you dont want to do, its your body after all.
Reply 35
Okay Thank you
Sort your communication then
Your nervous isn't an excuse for not getting it. Explain to him why you don't want to get it and that it is for your health, then hear his point of view

Sounds like he doesn't respect you at all. That's a bigger issue than his whinging about having to wear a condom.
Reply 37
Exactly, he is getting out of hand
Original post by sinfonietta
Sounds like he doesn't respect you at all. That's a bigger issue than his whinging about having to wear a condom.
Don't let him make you feel like you have to do something you don't want to do. Wearing a condom won't put him at increased risk of cancers
See this is why I don’t want it
Reply 39
He will just have to wear one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending