The Student Room Group

Accidentally withdrawn from undergraduate scheme, help!!!

I had already made my decision on what university was my firm offer but changed my mind after visiting and seeing the accommodation. I phoned UCAS who told me to simply phone and ask to be withdrawn from that course, I phoned the university and asked them to do this for me. They said it was no problem and said that they would do it for me right away. I got an email to confirm that I had been completely withdrawn from the undergraduate system and that I could not apply for university again this year, that isn’t what I asked for? I cannot phone UCAS as they are closed for staff training day and now I am scared that I will not be able to go to university in September. Is there anyway that this can be reversed and that my application can be entered again? I’m stressing.
Worst comes to worst you'll just have to go through clearing. You should consult your teachers etc about this tho
Original post by g.areth
I had already made my decision on what university was my firm offer but changed my mind after visiting and seeing the accommodation. I phoned UCAS who told me to simply phone and ask to be withdrawn from that course, I phoned the university and asked them to do this for me. They said it was no problem and said that they would do it for me right away. I got an email to confirm that I had been completely withdrawn from the undergraduate system and that I could not apply for university again this year, that isn’t what I asked for? I cannot phone UCAS as they are closed for staff training day and now I am scared that I will not be able to go to university in September. Is there anyway that this can be reversed and that my application can be entered again? I’m stressing.

You can get into somewhere outside the ucas system through using a record of prior acceptance through a university but you need to speak to ucas once their open ideally.
Original post by g.areth

Speak to ucas.

They shouldn’t have advised you to ask to be withdrawn. Instead they should have advised you to ring your university to ask to change your replies.

Ucas can reverse the withdrawal but you might have to ring the university again to explain what you want to happen more clearly.

Withdrawing has a very specific meaning in ucas. If you want to pick another of your offers as firm or to decline all your offers to enter extra then that isn’t withdrawing.
Get flipping those burgers son.
Reply 5
Thank you very much. I hope it can be reversed as I don’t know what else I would do. I wanted to be entered into clearing so I will have to make this more clear even though I thought I had made it clear enough. Thank you again

Original post by PQ
Speak to ucas.

They shouldn’t have advised you to ask to be withdrawn. Instead they should have advised you to ring your university to ask to change your replies.

Ucas can reverse the withdrawal but you might have to ring the university again to explain what you want to happen more clearly.

Withdrawing has a very specific meaning in ucas. If you want to pick another of your offers as firm or to decline all your offers to enter extra then that isn’t withdrawing.
Hello i had the same issue please can u tell me how u have solved this problem?
Original post by Ladyesra
Hello i had the same issue please can u tell me how u have solved this problem?

Ring ucas

Latest

Trending

Trending