The Student Room Group

Realistically, does every candidate accepted meet their offer?

I want to go to KCL to do Law, I got A* in my Health&Social mock and an A* in my History mock but my Drama is looking at a solid B, I have planned to switch drama for BTEC Sport next year which I would aim to get a D* in. KCL accept BTECs in substitute for an ALevel but as the admissions team told me, those who meet the requirements with ALevels get priority but realistically, will all candidates who get accepted meet the grades requirements (A*AA)?
no very often students are accepted who have missed their grades but nobody can guarantee that.
Reply 2
Original post by Brendan0686
I want to go to KCL to do Law, I got A* in my Health&Social mock and an A* in my History mock but my Drama is looking at a solid B, I have planned to switch drama for BTEC Sport next year which I would aim to get a D* in. KCL accept BTECs in substitute for an ALevel but as the admissions team told me, those who meet the requirements with ALevels get priority but realistically, will all candidates who get accepted meet the grades requirements (A*AA)?

No that's why you have an insurance offer and potentially Clearing as a backup. But equally, depending on the circumstances on the day, it's possible to be accepted despite a one or even two grade miss.
Original post by Brendan0686

Not every candidate meets their offer but it is vital for you to have a good Insurance since there is no guarantee that Kings would take you, especially as they have been open with you about favouring A level "near misses."

Have you told Kings about your plan to switch to Btec Sport next year? I wouldn't have thought they would value that subject very highly for a Law degree, but I could be wrong. Worth checking with Admissions before making the switch though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending