The Student Room Group

how long does it take for instagram to remove an inactive account?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GalGirl101
I've heard IG taking names but that's only done for the A-Listers and Royals. So unless you qualify in one of those categories you're out of luck

Just use another username

the username i wanted was 'themedkid' because im planning to study medicine-are there any similar ideas you may have? thanks x
Original post by Anonymous
the username i wanted was 'themedkid' because im planning to study medicine-are there any similar ideas you may have? thanks x

what about *yourname*themedkid?
what about *yourname*themedkid?

that wouldnt be catchy (im a tamil girl so my first name is more than 10 letters)
that wouldnt be catchy (im a tamil girl so my first name is more than 10 letters)

Do you have a nickname or shortened version of your name you could use?

can you make a cute nickname from it? what about "themedkiid" or "medschoolkid"
Original post by DrawTheLine
Do you have a nickname or shortened version of your name you could use?

No- thats one of the drawbacks of being tamil i guess
can you make a cute nickname from it? what about "themedkiid" or "medschoolkid"

that could work- do you have any more ideas?
No- thats one of the drawbacks of being tamil i guess

If you don't have a shortened version already, then create it yourself.

Ultimately, you aren't going to be able to get the username you want so you need to make something different. Either try brainstorming ideas, such as incorporating your name into it, or give up altogether. You don't really have much choice here I'm afraid.
Original post by DrawTheLine
If you don't have a shortened version already, then create it yourself.

Ultimately, you aren't going to be able to get the username you want so you need to make something different. Either try brainstorming ideas, such as incorporating your name into it, or give up altogether. You don't really have much choice here I'm afraid.

Thanks ill see what i can do
that could work- do you have any more ideas?

I'm pretty hopeless with names but uhhhhh are you short or tall? you could do "short/tallmedgirl" or "short/tallmedkid". but also "amedkidsjourney"

instagram's policy only supports reassigning a username if you have rights to use that name to represent your business, which you do not

unless you want to register a business with companies house under the name "themedkid", you do not have any ground to take an account that is inactive and instagram will not do it for you
Original post by HoldThisL
instagram's policy only supports reassigning a username if you have rights to use that name to represent your business, which you do not

unless you want to register a business with companies house under the name "themedkid", you do not have any ground to take an account that is inactive and instagram will not do it for you

thats why im making a new name 😂
Original post by DrStephenHawking
It should not be hard to find, look at the instagram terms&policy to know about inactive accounts, not sure you can "steal" an username just because it's inactive. However most of web pages and services as instagram have their own contact team which you can send an email and receive help from them with your issue.

Hopefully my words can help you, have a nice day @DrawTheLine and OP!

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stole the name @SussexRoyals from someone without his consent
Original post by BalonSwann
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stole the name @SussexRoyals from someone without his consent

but theyre royalty and ive only got 15k followers so i guess my case would be insignificant
Yes because they are royals and the name "sussexroyal" is relevant to their brand.

Not saying it's right or whatever but I understand why and how IG allowed it

And what do you mean by that?????
but theyre royalty and ive only got 15k followers so i guess my case would be insignificant

I'm not sure that you can change your username and take all of your followers with you. Try contacting Instagram and they may be able to help you. Or simply just change your name on Instagram and not your username.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending