The Student Room Group

Cover letter confusion.

Hi.

I've just finished my first year at university, and I applied for my student finance for my second year (tuition fee and maintenance loan) on Saturday. A question I selected in a certain way about DSA has caused my application to be drawn out longer.

I put that I have a disability, but I also put that I don't want to apply for Disabled Students Allowance (I think that's what it's called), but I guess it's put me down for it anyway, even though I don't want it.

I spoke to a SFE advisor on the phone on Saturday, and they said I need to use a cover letter and state that I don't want to apply for the Disabled thing.

My question is, do I have to download and print off this cover letter from SFE or can I just write them a normal, handwritten letter, with my customer reference number and everything on it, stating I don't want it, without using the actual cover letter? I'd have to trek to use a printer if I were to do that, mine doesn't work.

Thanks.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Bump.
Original post by lakers93
Hi.

I've just finished my first year at university, and I applied for my student finance for my second year (tuition fee and maintenance loan) on Saturday. A question I selected in a certain way about DSA has caused my application to be drawn out longer.

I put that I have a disability, but I also put that I don't want to apply for Disabled Students Allowance (I think that's what it's called), but I guess it's put me down for it anyway, even though I don't want it.

I spoke to a SFE advisor on the phone on Saturday, and they said I need to use a cover letter and state that I don't want to apply for the Disabled thing.

My question is, do I have to download and print off this cover letter from SFE or can I just write them a normal, handwritten letter, with my customer reference number and everything on it, stating I don't want it, without using the actual cover letter? I'd have to trek to use a printer if I were to do that, mine doesn't work.

Thanks.

Hi,

If you don't want to continue with the Disabled Students Allowance application you can email the DSA team directly to advise them of this.

Regards,
Stuart

[email protected]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending