The Student Room Group

Uni busary?

Hello!
I should qualify to get my uni's bursary for students from a low-income background. Their website says that I don't need to apply directly, that SFE will share the information with them and that I'll automatically get the bursary. During my SFE application, however, no information was asked about my parents' income. I don't know if this is because I didn't apply for a maintenance loan? Any clarification would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by Kinyonga
Hello!
I should qualify to get my uni's bursary for students from a low-income background. Their website says that I don't need to apply directly, that SFE will share the information with them and that I'll automatically get the bursary. During my SFE application, however, no information was asked about my parents' income. I don't know if this is because I didn't apply for a maintenance loan? Any clarification would be appreciated :smile:

Hi there,

All students are automatically opted in. If you did not request a Maintenance Loan then this means that there would be no financial information to share with your university so they can't assess you. You will need to request a Maintenance Loan and request to be income assessed even if you choose a £0 award. Are you aged below or over 25 years old? Do you reside with your parents or are you an independent student?

Regards,
Nihad
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Nihad
Hi there,

All students are automatically opted in. If you did not request a Maintenance Loan then this means that there would be no financial information to share with your university so they can't assess you. You will need to request a Maintenance Loan and request to be income assessed even if you choose a £0 award. Are you aged below or over 25 years old? Do you reside with your parents or are you an independent student?

Regards,
Nihad

Thanks for your reply!
I didn't realise that, that's annoying. Is there a way I can edit my application and request a loan?
I'm below 25, and will be living alone from September.
Original post by Kinyonga
Thanks for your reply!
I didn't realise that, that's annoying. Is there a way I can edit my application and request a loan?
I'm below 25, and will be living alone from September.

Hi, you can change the maintenance loan request in your online account. Also in order to include the household income we will need the following forms to be completed:

Apply based on household income (you need to complete this form)- https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1920/ft/sfe_nmt_to_mt_form_1920_o.pdf
PFF2 (form for your parents)- https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1920/ft/sfe_pff2_form_1920_o.pdf

Thanks, Aaron.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending