The Student Room Group

Will EU tuition fees change after Brexit

As it stands, while the UK is in the EU, UK students can go to some European countries and study for free, as some universities don't have tuition fees for EU/EEA countries.

After Brexit, will the UK remain in the EEA and still benefit from this free tuition.

I will be applying to start university in September 2020 but would need to know before then where I am going to apply to.

One of the main benefits of studying in Europe is that it is cheaper, but if this changes, then there is not much point in applying abroad anyway. Is there any way of knowing what will happen, as it would change how I research unis and where I might think of applying to. What do you think will happen to EU tuition fees for us after Brexit
Original post by but_why_not
As it stands, while the UK is in the EU, UK students can go to some European countries and study for free, as some universities don't have tuition fees for EU/EEA countries.

After Brexit, will the UK remain in the EEA and still benefit from this free tuition.

I will be applying to start university in September 2020 but would need to know before then where I am going to apply to.

One of the main benefits of studying in Europe is that it is cheaper, but if this changes, then there is not much point in applying abroad anyway. Is there any way of knowing what will happen, as it would change how I research unis and where I might think of applying to. What do you think will happen to EU tuition fees for us after Brexit

Contact the unis concerned to see if they have contingency plans, but I expect it will depend on whether we do no deal or not. I expect it will be no deal and you will be treated as an international student for study outside the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending