The Student Room Group

How to deal with extremely angry parents?

Hi everyone,

So long story short my parents are furious right now, and I need some advice.

My parents hired me to work in their travel company, I hated college and struggled to find a job so I was made up when they employed me over a random stranger.

As a holiday treat ( I just came back from holiday) my parents gave me 800 pound of my earnings to spend whilst on holiday. I didn't spend any of my money on holiday, so I have got it now whilst at home.

Until yesterday. I very very stupidly went out and bought a phone (Worse than my one now) for 799 pounds. When my parents found out just an hour ago THEY HIT THE ROOF.

They are both swearing so I am now currently hiding at my grandmas.

My parents only want the best for me and I feel really bad. I talk to them so badly and I feel so ashamed.

My dad said he doesn't want me in the business anymore so I think I'm fired?

What should I do?
Just take the phone back to the shop and get a refund.
Because you don't like it and believe that it is worse than your old one.
Not because your parents have scared you so much that you are hiding from them.

I don't understand why you seem to think that your parents are owed gratitude for giving you £800 of your own salary to spend on holiday.
Or why you should be ashamed when they don't like how you spend your money.
Sounds like your parents have hot tempers, just take extra care not to annoy them while you depend on living with them and working for them.
Reply 2
My mum holds on to my money because she doesn't trust me with it. She thinks I will go crazy and spend it on stuff.

And also, I bought the phone off John Lewis, so of course now that I have loaded my stuff onto it they won't accept returns as it isn't factory sealed.

My parents get angry easily when it comes to money.
Original post by londonmyst
Just take the phone back to the shop and get a refund.
Because you don't like it and believe that it is worse than your old one.
Not because your parents have scared you so much that you are hiding from them.

I don't understand why you seem to think that your parents are owed gratitude for giving you £800 of your own salary to spend on holiday.
Or why you should be ashamed when they don't like how you spend your money.
Sounds like your parents have hot tempers, just take extra care not to annoy them while you depend on living with them and working for them.
sell the phone, at least you'll get some of the money bach :smile:

try getting another job, anywhere healthcare assisstant maybe ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending