The Student Room Group

I completely embarrassed myself

I completely embarrassed myself in front of about fifty people including someone I like. I tell myself I can’t change what already happened but I feel like no one will forget and i never want to leave my room again. What am I supposed to do?

Thanks
just forget about it. everyone in that room will have done something silly at some point. chill.
Get it off ur chest by sharing what happened

You’ll probably feel better about it after a few days. When something embarrassing happens to me it gives me chills for like 2 days then I forget about it lol
We can't possibly advise without knowing what happened.
What happened?
Reply 5
Just mock yourself for it with anyone that was there, that’s the way to normalise feeling embarrassed. It will make it clear to you and them that it was stupid and you can both laugh over it.
Tell us what happened
I went to a party once and got so pissed I filled three washing up bowls with sick. Then I went round snogging some of the guys in the room who fancied me. My boyfriend was present, and he was the one who insisted I got drunk. Now it can’t be any more embarrassing than that
Original post by Oxford Mum
I went to a party once and got so pissed I filled three washing up bowls with sick. Then I went round snogging some of the guys in the room who fancied me. My boyfriend was present, and he was the one who insisted I got drunk. Now it can’t be any more embarrassing than that

When my cousin lost her virginity she threw up all over the boy..... he said, "I didn't think I was that bad" :biggrin:
Original post by Bio 7
Just mock yourself for it with anyone that was there, that’s the way to normalise feeling embarrassed. It will make it clear to you and them that it was stupid and you can both laugh over it.

I wouldn't recommend op that, self deprecating is only asking for less respect.
Reply 10
Original post by JoelBigSmokeTea
I wouldn't recommend op that, self deprecating is only asking for less respect.

It depends how you go about it, you can joke about the mistake without mocking yourself.
people forget about situations in time, it may feel really bad now but later u wont be bothered so, just wait and let time heal its thing yh
Original post by Anonymous
people forget about situations in time, it may feel really bad now but later u wont be bothered so, just wait and let time heal its thing yh

That's right - it's only temporary and before long someone else in your group will have done the latest embarrassing thing. Whatever happened will seem like a bigger thing to you than to anyone else
Tell us what happened. I'm not saying that to be nosy, but perhaps you're thinking it's worse than it was :smile:.

Honestly, I've seen people do things that I know I'd be mortified about it if was me, but mostly people just get on with their day and aren't even bothered about it anymore once it's over.
Original post by Oxford Mum

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BoDW0CPglkI/T2HlMT0m6MI/AAAAAAAABF0/SDebzogoSHw/s1600/Borat.gif
Unfortunately the gorgeous Spanish assistant I was snogging at the party was all over me like a rash the next day to the annoyance of the other girl students, who all wanted a piece of him
Original post by Anonymous
I completely embarrassed myself in front of about fifty people including someone I like. I tell myself I can’t change what already happened but I feel like no one will forget and i never want to leave my room again. What am I supposed to do?

Thanks

What did you do?
Reply 17
Embarrassing events come and go, it's not the end of your world. I once went outside for PE and forgot to put my shorts on so I went out in just my boxers (this was in like year 5) It was embarrassing at the time but now I just laugh whenever I think back to it, I even used it as my best primary school memory in my year 6 leavers. Good times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending