The Student Room Group

What does status 'confirmed' mean for postgrad application?

I applied for a masters in International Human Resource Management and when I applied last week the status for the past week has said 'applied', and now I just checked and the status now says 'confirmed'. Anyone have any idea what this could mean? are they confirming my place or confirming they now have my application to read ?? - i havent received any other email or notification , tried to call but its past 5pm and the uni's postgrad department is now closed.
(also this is through the uni's own application portal, Glasgow Caledonian, and not through UCAS).
Original post by Zkhan1503
I applied for a masters in International Human Resource Management and when I applied last week the status for the past week has said 'applied', and now I just checked and the status now says 'confirmed'. Anyone have any idea what this could mean? are they confirming my place or confirming they now have my application to read ?? - i havent received any other email or notification , tried to call but its past 5pm and the uni's postgrad department is now closed.
(also this is through the uni's own application portal, Glasgow Caledonian, and not through UCAS).

It's impossible to say really. It could be confirming that they have received your application, confirming that it's being viewed by an admissions tutor, confirming that they will offer you a place etc. If you can't wait for an email, then call them tomorrow morning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending