The Student Room Group

Is he just really busy or not interested?

I was seeing him for 2 months then it ended as he "wasn't ready" etc. Anyway we ended up back in touch and saw him on a night out and we got on really well. A week later he invited me over. That was 4 weeks ago and he has been "too busy" since, and he lives 1.5 miles from me. Fair enough, he finishes work late (between 7:30-8:30 sometimes) but he doesn't live far from work. The thing is, he claims he finishes too late to meet up, but has time to play pool 3 evenings a week. He never works weekends, and so far he has just been busy with mates every weekend. He found 1 free evening but had to cancel last minute (for an understandable reason). Am I being unreasonable? Surely you can find even 1 hour in your life; even if he is a bit tired, he can make the effort every now and again? He has no kids or other commitments. Does it sound like I should just leave it? Thanks
It sounds like you should just leave it - he would put more effort in if interested.
Move on.
He's not interested.
Reply 3
yeah... the thing is, he's a labourer, and told me he finishes work "even later when it rains". Then the other week he was free at 5, so I said "have you already finished?" and he said, "yeah I finished early because it was raining." So just contradictory. I said would he be up for meeting up but he said he didn't feel well, so I didn't push it.
Original post by Anonymous
yeah... the thing is, he's a labourer, and told me he finishes work "even later when it rains". Then the other week he was free at 5, so I said "have you already finished?" and he said, "yeah I finished early because it was raining." So just contradictory. I said would he be up for meeting up but he said he didn't feel well, so I didn't push it.

Honestly stop wasting your time. There will be plenty of more opportunities out there.
Reply 5
It's annoying because he is messaging me every day, and he did find this one free evening. Don't know why he's still messaging me with me etc. if he's not interested, or why he hasn't just told me he doesn't want to meet?
Reply 6
It's annoying because he is messaging me every day, and he did find this one free evening. Don't know why he's still messaging me with me etc. if he's not interested, or why he hasn't just told me he doesn't want to meet?

messaging is easier than meeting up. virtually no effort required. meeting up is effort. he doesnt want to put effort into seeing you bc he doesnt see it as worth it. move on, if he was serious he would meet up with you at least once.

The simple truth is it is convenient to have you as an option there just in case. He definitely is not interested in a a serious relationship with you so you would do well to stop trying to convince yourself otherwise
Reply 8
Original post by XavierMyshkin
The simple truth is it is convenient to have you as an option there just in case. He definitely is not interested in a a serious relationship with you so you would do well to stop trying to convince yourself otherwise

i agree, it sounds a bit like he's playing the numbers game where he's trying to know his other options better before getting more serious with OP
"wasn't ready" means not interested
Original post by Mimi9335
i agree, it sounds a bit like he's playing the numbers game where he's trying to know his other options better before getting more serious with OP

or just have OP as a potential side if and when he is bothered with absolutely no intention of getting serious. I would think that would be more likely personally.
Thanks for the wake-up call. The option thing makes sense; I was probably "better than nothing" and would be there just in case. Least I know now I guess and can leave it.
Thanks for the wake-up call. The option thing makes sense; I was probably "better than nothing" and would be there just in case. Least I know now I guess and can leave it.

Good luck - just forget about him :smile:
thanks, hopefully I will. I deserve better than to be kept on the back burner.
thanks, hopefully I will. I deserve better than to be kept on the back burner.

Yes - I agree!
Reply 15
I was seeing him for 2 months then it ended as he "wasn't ready" etc. Anyway we ended up back in touch and saw him on a night out and we got on really well. A week later he invited me over. That was 4 weeks ago and he has been "too busy" since, and he lives 1.5 miles from me. Fair enough, he finishes work late (between 7:30-8:30 sometimes) but he doesn't live far from work. The thing is, he claims he finishes too late to meet up, but has time to play pool 3 evenings a week. He never works weekends, and so far he has just been busy with mates every weekend. He found 1 free evening but had to cancel last minute (for an understandable reason). Am I being unreasonable? Surely you can find even 1 hour in your life; even if he is a bit tired, he can make the effort every now and again? He has no kids or other commitments. Does it sound like I should just leave it? Thanks

Yes, leave it. If he is interested then he needs to make the effort to build a relationship with you. Don't chase him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending