The Student Room Group

still need to meet uni requirements

Hi
I have conditional offer from one of the uni I meet my Btec requirements but I still need to meet GCSE maths requirements which is next week if I don't meet the requirements I will be very late on clearing and accommodation. I have exceeded my Btec requirements. I dont know what to do.
thanks
Original post by leobarry
Hi
I have conditional offer from one of the uni I meet my Btec requirements but I still need to meet GCSE maths requirements which is next week if I don't meet the requirements I will be very late on clearing and accommodation. I have exceeded my Btec requirements. I dont know what to do.
thanks

There really isn't much you can do other than wait for your results. There will still be Clearing vacancies available next week - they are constantly adding and removing vacancies over the next few weeks.
Hi
thanks

All you can do is wait until GCSE results come out, but there will still be clearing spaces by then if you end up there. If you just miss as well your university can still consider you. Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by chelseadagg3r
All you can do is wait until GCSE results come out, but there will still be clearing spaces by then if you end up there. If you just miss as well your university can still consider you. Good luck!

I really hope so
I already pass Maths it just they need grade 6 and i have 4. I really hope they consider me.
Hi
thanks

Hi @leobarry :smile: We know it feels very urgent and it is a hectic time on The Student Room with it being results day, but try not to worry! We would recommend waiting for your results before you do anything. Clearing will still be open next week. If it makes you feel a little better, you can have a look around at other Universities with vacancies in the run up to receiving your Maths GCSE. Good luck!! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Charlotte's Web
There really isn't much you can do other than wait for your results. There will still be Clearing vacancies available next week - they are constantly adding and removing vacancies over the next few weeks.

I'm looking at some of uni they don't have any computer science course, how come they gon so quick.
Due to the fact you have taken btec without A level Maths you will be very restricted. As I said previously the best option available with your qualifications would be Kent. Otherwise your option is to wait for one of the universities who accept B in Maths. They are likely to be very strict over this as Computer Science is very mathematical. The other option would be to look at different computing courses that are not so mathematical.
Hi, I'm Atif, post graduate research student at Teesside University.

You can find out about Teesside University Computing related courses and entry requirements relevant to your case. Feel free to contact Teesside University Clearing Hotline. tel: 0800 952 0226 and link below:
https://www.tees.ac.uk/clearing/

All the best
Hey Leobarry,

Congratulations on your BTEC results and good luck with your GCSE math results! I was in your position this time four years ago and it was definitely a stressful time for me. Something had happened with the processing of my results and I had not yet received a response from my insurance choice by the morning and felt as though I was in the dark. I ended up going to the University of Kent to study Business, did a year in industry and had the best four years of my life. :biggrin:

You probably have a lot on your mind right now but I would suggest that you try not to worry too much since clearing will still be open for a few weeks if worse comes to worst :smile: For now you'll just have to wait for the maths results to be released. I would also suggest taking a look at some of the vacancies available through clearing and make note of the ones that you might fancy taking. Perhaps you might to consider combined subjects too which may not place too much emphasis on maths for e.g. Business IT.

All the best anyway! I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Hi
thanks
Reply 9
Original post by Student Rep Phil
Hey Leobarry,

Congratulations on your BTEC results and good luck with your GCSE math results! I was in your position this time four years ago and it was definitely a stressful time for me. Something had happened with the processing of my results and I had not yet received a response from my insurance choice by the morning and felt as though I was in the dark. I ended up going to the University of Kent to study Business, did a year in industry and had the best four years of my life. :biggrin:

You probably have a lot on your mind right now but I would suggest that you try not to worry too much since clearing will still be open for a few weeks if worse comes to worst :smile: For now you'll just have to wait for the maths results to be released. I would also suggest taking a look at some of the vacancies available through clearing and make note of the ones that you might fancy taking. Perhaps you might to consider combined subjects too which may not place too much emphasis on maths for e.g. Business IT.

All the best anyway! I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Thank you for your reply

I really hope they can give me a place as I have exceeded by btec requirements. I'm looking for all the possible options and most uni I want to go seems they dont have vacancies for computer science. although I'm hoping there is a good uni I can go.
Thank you for your reply

I really hope they can give me a place as I have exceeded by btec requirements. I'm looking for all the possible options and most uni I want to go seems they dont have vacancies for computer science. although I'm hoping there is a good uni I can go.

Hi My name is Janelle, i am a student ambassador at Teesside University, studying Human Biology

If you would like some more information regarding Computer Science through clearing please contact our clearing hotline: 0800 952 0226 where you can get more information on this course and entry requirements.

All the Best
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending