The Student Room Group

Kiev medical school

Hi would like to know if anyone is at Kiev medical school... if u could tell me ur thought on the studying there and recognition.
that's just daft, why on earth would anyone ever go to Ukraine.

wouldn't even touch it with a barge pole mate.
Because agencies offer it and a lot of eu students go there. Ican't afford elsewhere.
Reply 3
What agency has offered you this university? I am asking because beware as I don't think Kiev Medical School are currently taking admissions.
Hello,
Me too I want to know and if there is a graduate entery program in medicine
Reply 5
Original post by JJJJJAAAAMES
that's just daft, why on earth would anyone ever go to Ukraine.

wouldn't even touch it with a barge pole mate.

You would be surprised at the number of doctors working in the NHS who 'earned' their degrees in Eastern Europe. I hate to use the word earned because they do not earn their degrees, they quite literally buy them. The difference in standards between a graduate of the UK and a graduate of one of the many English courses taught in Eastern Europe is noticeable. Graduates of these courses are of extremely poor standard.

By the way I am not referring to courses in medicine offered in the native language at these countries. We have many East European graduates of these courses working in medicine in this country and they I would say are mostly good. No, I am referring to graduates of the English courses offered at these countries. I am told that students studying these English courses in medicine do not get taught to the same standards as those taught on the actual medical programmes reserved for native students. These English courses basically serve one purpose and one purpose only to leech money off students that can afford to pay exorbitant fees...Lots of East European agencies scam tens of thousands of pounds off British students for this purpose every year. These course are all very shady.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending