The Student Room Group

medical assessment fail

so i had my clinical triage today and they asked about my mental health. i told them about my ADHD that i got diagnosed with as a kid, and they asked if i had any fights or problems at school which i did but only in primary school (upto year 6) my whole secondary school i was a normal kid maybe late a few times but never got into fights or anything of the nature. they said they couldnt continue because i had "ADHD with violent or delinquent tendancies" but this was only me when i was 11 years old!! ive been calm and cool since i came into secondary school. ive not taken any medication for this since i was like 13 (im 18 now) i get PiP as a result for this but i feel like im tottally fine to join the army its been a dream ever since i was a kid to be proud to serve my country. im going to appeal because i have no violent tendancies at all anymore i was just a spoilt brat growing up. should i lose hope or fight my appeal? becasue this news has destroyed me and changed my whole future.
Reply 1
Original post by ben190867
so i had my clinical triage today and they asked about my mental health. i told them about my ADHD that i got diagnosed with as a kid, and they asked if i had any fights or problems at school which i did but only in primary school (upto year 6) my whole secondary school i was a normal kid maybe late a few times but never got into fights or anything of the nature. they said they couldnt continue because i had "ADHD with violent or delinquent tendancies" but this was only me when i was 11 years old!! ive been calm and cool since i came into secondary school. ive not taken any medication for this since i was like 13 (im 18 now) i get PiP as a result for this but i feel like im tottally fine to join the army its been a dream ever since i was a kid to be proud to serve my country. im going to appeal because i have no violent tendancies at all anymore i was just a spoilt brat growing up. should i lose hope or fight my appeal? becasue this news has destroyed me and changed my whole future.

What you think or feel doesn't really have any effect in this, what you need is medical proof.

If you want to appeal you'll have to produce new evidence that explains how you're suitable.
Reply 2
Original post by Drewski
What you think or feel doesn't really have any effect in this, what you need is medical proof.

If you want to appeal you'll have to produce new evidence that explains how you're suitable.

Thanks for your reply, yes I know this is the case what would be a suitable piece of strong evidence?
Reply 3
Original post by ben190867
Thanks for your reply, yes I know this is the case what would be a suitable piece of strong evidence?

You need to go talk to your doctor.

Quick Reply

Latest