The Student Room Group

Change course to Paramedic Science?

Hello

I'm a student at Exeter University studying Medical Sciences. I have completed 2 years but am currently taking a year out due to previous ill health in the past year, all good now, but taking a break.

I've recently been thinking of changing my degree, as it's not really what I want to do anymore. I wish I had chosen Paramedic Science! But having completed 2 years already I'm not sure I can afford to do another 3 years at uni. Does anyone know if any Unis offering Paramedic Science allow entry directly onto 2nd year or 3rd year of the course? I'm pretty sure it's not possible, but thought I'd ask anyway!

Cheers :smile:
Reply 1
after you complete each stage of a degree, you get a certificate and that is a stand-alone qualification in itself. maybe another university would accept you into a 1st/2nd year in paramedical sciences with this in mind? it's an atypical route but it could work.

I don't know much about the admissions process/how this would work - but an internal transfer (changing course within the same university) is more likely than a transfer to a new course and new university

my advice would be to do your research and figure out your best options

hope this helps x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending