Damdam2002
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Is it normal to feel scared for the first time at placement when you are 17 years for health and social care? What kind of things will you do in your placement in a care home for health and social care? Thanks
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Damdam2002)
Is it normal to feel scared for the first time at placement when you are 17 years for health and social care? What kind of things will you do in your placement in a care home for health and social care? Thanks
Yes, nerves at new things are normal.

Your 17, they wont put you in any position to make serious decisions as that would be reckless, you will most likely do admin tasks and act as a helper/shadow other workers until you get things figured out.
Damdam2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
Yes, nerves at new things are normal.

Your 17, they wont put you in any position to make serious decisions as that would be reckless, you will most likely do admin tasks and act as a helper/shadow other workers until you get things figured out.
Thanks...
rose2247
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi!

I am a Level 3 Extended Diploma in health and social care student and I am currently undergoing my second year. My first placement was in a care setting and I was a helping hand with the activities team. Its really fun, hands on and there you have no major responsibilities as you are not allowed to do personal care. Hope this helps
Damdam2002
Rep:
?
(Original post by rose2247)
Hi!

I am a Level 3 Extended Diploma in health and social care student and I am currently undergoing my second year. My first placement was in a care setting and I was a helping hand with the activities team. Its really fun, hands on and there you have no major responsibilities as you are not allowed to do personal care. Hope this helps
Wow thanks, I'm in the 1st year of RQF health and social care extended diploma level 3 (2016), soon we will be starting going to placement.... that really helped that thanks.... did u had to wear flat shoes?? Could you please give me suggestions of what kind of clothes I should wear? Would wearing 3/4 skirt be okay, do you think? Were you scared at first or not??
Have a great day
rose2247
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Wow thanks, I'm in the 1st year of RQF health and social care extended diploma level 3 (2016), soon we will be starting going to placement.... that really helped that thanks.... did u had to wear flat shoes?? Could you please give me suggestions of what kind of clothes I should wear? Would wearing 3/4 skirt be okay, do you think? Were you scared at first or not??
Have a great day
On my first day I wore interview attire so blsck trouser blouse blazer as I was shown around the placement and had to fill out forms, also flat shoes. In an environment like that I defo think trousers would be more appropriate, you could ask them on the day if you are getting a uniform and if not ask what clothes they’d prefer you to wear if you’re unsure!
Damdam2002
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by rose2247)
On my first day I wore interview attire so blsck trouser blouse blazer as I was shown around the placement and had to fill out forms, also flat shoes. In an environment like that I defo think trousers would be more appropriate, you could ask them on the day if you are getting a uniform and if not ask what clothes they’d prefer you to wear if you’re unsure!
For us, we only have the college polo.. and we are advanced to wear practical clothes and flat shoes as u mentioned... thanks....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (164)
18.85%
Labour (376)
43.22%
Liberal Democrats (170)
19.54%
Green Party (48)
5.52%
Brexit Party (22)
2.53%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.34%
SNP (11)
1.26%
Plaid Cymru (7)
0.8%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.11%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.11%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)