The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

... and you're still drinking them why?
Reply 2
lol. i'm sorry. but no, i haven't.
Reply 3
Same here actually, except its not that quick. I definately get the old loose-stool syndrome though. What you drinking? I (used to) sup SIS Rego Chocolate, but it never used to cause that problem. Strange...
Reply 4
What brand are you using? Try reflex, been using them for months and had no problems what so ever.
Reply 5
never happened, if your drinking any deceny whey, i'd say the problem is with your diet
Reply 6
I believe the stuff I drink is soya protein, as I have no problems dirnking milk and winter training fuel :dontknow:
Reply 7
Try protein bars then? What can we say, haha.
Reply 8
Emmska
Try protein bars then? What can we say, haha.

Something constructive? :p: :rolleyes:

Protein bars are prohibitively expensive anyway.
I can't say I've ever had a problem - sometimes if I consume to much it starts to block me up but i haven't had that in ages.

I didn't have a problem with Promax, Pharma Whey or Rego (albeit Rego does have some complex carbs in).
busbybabe
im being deadly serious, within about 15 minutes of consuming my shake i need to **** like mad... i have tried other protein shakes but its still the same... anyone else experience it?

It could be due to a number of reasons depending on what is in your shake:

Many shakes are made with whey, which contains small quantities of lactose. Many people are lactose intolerant, not good if you have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome).

Some shakes contain artificial sweeteners which can have laxative-like effects if taken in large quantities and/or you have IBS especially.

Some shakes contain alcohol sugars, again, not good for those who suffer from IBS and they can cause bloating, flatulence, diarrhoea, etc.

Also the sugars found in some protein powers and/or added to protein shakes can mess about with the bacterial flora in your gut, causing an imbalance/change, altering your digestive system function slightly. Something to consider, maybe cut back on the simple carb powders?

Have you tried bulk unflavoured whey? No additives, help.

Have you tried any of the non dairy alternatives? Rice, pea, soya, may help if you are lactose intolerant.

As for protein bars, many again have lots of alcohol sugars in them and additives, i find that they do give me problems, but whey with no additives doesn't, again, trial and error.
I'm mildly lactose intolerant and used to suffer "gastric problems" when taking whey and cow milk. I recommend trying soya milk instead.

Also, perhaps whey protein isolate might be worth investing in - it has a very low lactose level as far as I'm aware. I haven't tried it myself but someone on here must have (and they can drop their myprotein.co.uk code in too).
rofl.. can't say I've experienced it, no.
I'm lactose intolerant and my whey doesn't effect me for some reason..... yet ice cream, milk and cheese (all the things I like or need) give me the runs :frown:
Reply 14
Lady Venom
give me the runs :frown:

ummm...... girls dont poop:s-smilie:
Reply 15
Probably buying a cheap/crap brand. I can almost guarantee it in fact.

Purchase some whey from myprotein.com
Bebbs
ummm...... girls dont poop:s-smilie:

They do when they're lactose intolerant... hehe

I go once a day, every day. Around 0630hrs. :eek:
Reply 17
Lady Venom
They do when they're lactose intolerant... hehe

I go once a day, every day. Around 0630hrs. :eek:

:puke:

Thank for that Lady...
Reply 18
Yeah, I'll be thinking of you....

lol
Haha i was messing. I don't poo. I don't fart. Heck, I don't even wee!

Latest