The Student Room Group

I feel bad saying that I don't want a gift my boyfriend has offered

My boyfriend is buying me a hoodie that I don't like but I don't want to say that I don't want it. What should I do? 😔
Original post by fyonics
My boyfriend is buying me a hoodie that I don't like but I don't want to say that I don't want it. What should I do? 😔

Just tell him nicely that you don't really like that one, and point him towards one that you do like. It's not difficult! Better that than let him waste his money on something you don't want or like, and have him see your disappointment when he gives it to you.

Act now, and everyone's happy :smile:
Na let him buy and it and then never wear it so he wastes his money.

Just tell him, it’s not like it will hurt his feelings.

Unless it does and he absolutely hates you for it.

Lol jk
If he’s not bought it then just tell him. Otherwise return it. It ain’t rocket science hun
Tell him now before he wastes his money on it.
(edited 4 years ago)
maybe just say youve seen one you prefer?
If all else fails just sleep in it
For something like this, you should be able to have an open and honest and positive discussion.

He will learn something useful about you. And you will save him some money.

He doesn't need to give you presents to confirm his love for you. There are plenty of other ways he can do that. Starting by listening to what you think of this awful hoodie.

This is one of those times that what he thinks will make you happy won't. It's all part of you growing together as a couple.

And, of course, give him a big hug and a big kiss for his really kind gesture of wanting to give you an item of clothing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending