The Student Room Group

How much do guys care about money?

So i have a crush on this guy who I’ve been talking to for about 4 months now but we’re not officially “boyfriend and girlfriend” although he’s told me that he’s going to ask me out soon. We don’t see each other often, but he has told me that he likes me and I like him a lot. We both go to different private schools although i am no where near as rich as any of the other people that go to private schools (i’m just in a fortunate position). Anyway I’m very self-conscious and anxious about it as I don’t have a big house or fancy cars (not fancy at all!!) and i’m scared to get close to him/ go out with him in case he judges me for it. i know that if it does bother him then he’s definitely not the one, but still I like him a lot and my family and friends know about him etc so it might make it awkward explaining what happened between us to them. I also don’t want to talk with him about it because that might also be awkward and I don’t want him to think it’s a big deal but it really bothers me, so I’m wondering to all the guys out there: how much do you actually care about your girl having money?? thanks (sorry for the long story but thank you if you read it all x)

Scroll to see replies

Money makes the world go round
Reply 2
Thanks for that 😂
Hope it doesn't come across too incelly but guys generally don't care about money the same way girls do. Think of how often the trope comes up where a successful guy "saves" some min wager from her s****y job compared to the same thing with roles reversed.
I dated a girl whose family income was easily 4 or 5 times mine. There were no issues with it.
Reply 5
I don’t think his family would mind too much as i would just like to point out i am definitely NOT poor, I’d say we’re just middle class so there’s not much of a serious issue with money, but I still don’t have as much as all the people i go to school with x
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
So i have a crush on this guy who I’ve been talking to for about 4 months now but we’re not officially “boyfriend and girlfriend” although he’s told me that he’s going to ask me out soon. We don’t see each other often, but he has told me that he likes me and I like him a lot. We both go to different private schools although i am no where near as rich as any of the other people that go to private schools (i’m just in a fortunate position). Anyway I’m very self-conscious and anxious about it as I don’t have a big house or fancy cars (not fancy at all!!) and i’m scared to get close to him/ go out with him in case he judges me for it. i know that if it does bother him then he’s definitely not the one, but still I like him a lot and my family and friends know about him etc so it might make it awkward explaining what happened between us to them. I also don’t want to talk with him about it because that might also be awkward and I don’t want him to think it’s a big deal but it really bothers me, so I’m wondering to all the guys out there: how much do you actually care about your girl having money?? thanks (sorry for the long story but thank you if you read it all x)

a lot. can't be with someone who can't afford to support me financially.
Reply 7
Original post by 6ix9ine4life
Hope it doesn't come across too incelly but guys generally don't care about money the same way girls do. Think of how often the trope comes up where a successful guy "saves" some min wager from her s****y job compared to the same thing with roles reversed.

This is very true actually I feel lucky i’m a girl in this situation as i feel like it would be harder for a boy in today’s society
Original post by 6ix9ine4life

No, guys just want some
Reply 9
Original post by Ciel.
a lot. can't be with someone who can't afford to support me financially.

The thing is we CAN afford it i’m just comparing myself to the other people which i know is bad but i can’t help it
Reply 10
The thing is we CAN afford it i’m just comparing myself to the other people which i know is bad but i can’t help it

most guys probably won't care either way
This is very true actually I feel lucky i’m a girl in this situation as i feel like it would be harder for a boy in today’s society

In this situation yeah I guess you're lucky, but lol at the rest being female is clearly awful if you're intelligent, hard working and career focused.
Just for reference i’m 16.
Also out of interest, which of you are actually guys?
Reply 13
Just for reference i’m 16.
Also out of interest, which of you are actually guys?

moi.
Dont care at all lol, just as long as they're not homeless she's all Gucci
I would give up sex for 5 years to be a millionaire
10 for a billionaire
I don't care at all. It is the man's duty to provide the resources, and I don't earn enough money, so I don't date any girls at all.
Original post by PTMalewski
I don't care at all. It is the man's duty to provide the resources, and I don't earn enough money, so I don't date any girls at all.

Haha I feel sorry you're still living pre 2000s. It is definitely NOT a mans duty to provide 😂
Original post by Y12_FurtherMaths
Haha I feel sorry you're still living pre 2000s. It is definitely NOT a mans duty to provide 😂

Even if so, such approach still saves me a lot of trouble.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending