The Student Room Group

friends and relationships

So guyss....
Just wondering does anyone else kinda feel lonely or left out at times when people make plans and don't invite you, I mean even if you guys are not that close but still it kinda hurts somewhere.
Also, I moved school recently and my ex-friends from my previous school left me out and slowly limited contact with me. It hurts seeing insta posts of them laughing and having fun without me. We had all been friends for 7 years up to high school.
Please tell me if this is normal and what should I do. I often just begin to feel down seeing them having fun and i don't like being sad.
Original post by Rumi100
So guyss....
Just wondering does anyone else kinda feel lonely or left out at times when people make plans and don't invite you, I mean even if you guys are not that close but still it kinda hurts somewhere.
Also, I moved school recently and my ex-friends from my previous school left me out and slowly limited contact with me. It hurts seeing insta posts of them laughing and having fun without me. We had all been friends for 7 years up to high school.
Please tell me if this is normal and what should I do. I often just begin to feel down seeing them having fun and i don't like being sad.

After you moved school, did you try to maintain contact with your former friends and arrange plans to meet up? However, it can be normal for friendships to change as circumstances change. I would look to the present and future and look to make friends with people you share interests with. Don't look too much on social media as this can make you feel worse.

Have you spoken to anyone at your new school and tried to form friendships there? If the people who you aren't close to don't invite you to their plans, it may be that they don't view you as a part of their close friendship circle. How do you get on well with other people at your school - have you made an effort to make friends - speaking more, sharing your personality, making your own plans?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending