The Student Room Group

Should I break things off?

I've been dating this girl for the past few weeks and it's been going great. Until she told me that the night me and her first got together, she made out with her ex pretty soon after I left (I know she was a little drunk.. but still) . I know she hasn't don't anything since, and brought up being exclusive 3 days after this happened. I only found out about this yesterday and it's giving me serious second thoughts. I really like her, and I know she's done nothing since, but am I setting myself up for heartbreak? Any advice would be appreciated!
Reply 1
Please
So you two weren't exclusive at the time? If so she did nothing wrong in that regard. Usually I'd say don't break things off over that. However, the fact it was with her ex is the concerning part. She's not over him. She probably shouldn't date anyone right now.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been dating this girl for the past few weeks and it's been going great. Until she told me that the night me and her first got together, she made out with her ex pretty soon after I left (I know she was a little drunk.. but still) . I know she hasn't don't anything since, and brought up being exclusive 3 days after this happened. I only found out about this yesterday and it's giving me serious second thoughts. I really like her, and I know she's done nothing since, but am I setting myself up for heartbreak? Any advice would be appreciated!

Give her a second chance to prove herself. I mean she did come out and admit it to you and seems to want to have a relationship with you. Just give her a chance and let her prove it that she wants a relationship.
As poster said above, the fact she had the courage to come out and be honest with you, probably thinking it would jeopardise your relationship shows how strongly she didn’t want to lie to you. That’s worth a second chance imo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending