The Student Room Group

Ex- boyfriend becoming depressed

My ex- boyfriend has had a very hard upbringing. And he has just started uni and shutting him away from all his friends and even me. What can I do to help him? He doesn’t want to help himself. I am seriously worried...
Reply 1
Just show him that you care I guess.

Traumatic childhoods can lead to low mood and self isolation when the person leaves the toxic space because they are able to actually feel things associated with what happened. It can be a lot to cope with. They may need time alone to process.

Might be worth reading up about complex post-traumatic stress disorder and similar things (e.g. complex trauma). Not saying has CPTSD though, it's just a potential outcome of traumatic and hard upbringings.
Original post by D7654321
My ex- boyfriend has had a very hard upbringing. And he has just started uni and shutting him away from all his friends and even me. What can I do to help him? He doesn’t want to help himself. I am seriously worried...

If he doesn’t want to help himself, the other’s efforts could only be slight. He had I poor upbringing so I suppose he may have a bad relationship with his parents. He’d better reduce the communication with them if it helps. My main suggestion is that you can tell him to take psychological consultations or even go to the doctor. If consultations can help then it will be the best way. Otherwise a moderate level medication is an alternative.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending