The Student Room Group

Hair dye

So in the past 2 years my hairs been through a strange journey. I had it from my natural dark, dark brown to blonde but the colour went strange so I box dyed over it with red. That was fine but I got sick of the roots and then went to the hairdressers and got an ombre done again (pretty much the same as the first time but copper not blonde as they couldn't get it that light). Then I had red put over the copper because people kept telling me it looked ginger and after awhile i got sick of them (washed once and had to go back to get it re done as it all came out). Now the red has faded quickly and I'm going back to my natural colour as I'm sick of dying my hair and the damage isnt worth it, how can I go about this? Will it work ? What box dyes do you recommend ? And if it wont work what do you recommend ?
Reply 1
First off I'm not a hairdresser so I would recommend you to a professional and speak to them about what you are after as by dying your hair back to your colour you are adding essentially another layer of dye on top of the others so they may want to try and strip your hair as much as they can do try and remove these previous colours and then depending on what colours you have previously used/ whether it's been bleached they may then dye it to your hair colour. I can't guarantee this is the process but highly recommend speaking to someone who knows what they are doing.
Reply 2
I'm going through this right now- had a bad bleach dye job and i died it myself and it went black and patchy :frown: so I have had balayage twice and I still don't really like it- unsure whether to go to a salon and get them to perfect or just go back to brunette. It sounds silly but I feel super down and insecure when it doesn't look how I want

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending