The Student Room Group

I want 10 children

Scroll to see replies

I want 2 I'm pretty sure. Honestly, I haven't even thought about them yet, it's not my true goal in life at the moment. Plus, I don't want to heavily contribute to overpopulation, I would feel far too guilty.
But the UK has a sub replacement birth rate, so how is that contributing to "overpopulation"? It's not western countries in which it's a problem.
Original post by yzanne
I want 2 I'm pretty sure. Honestly, I haven't even thought about them yet, it's not my true goal in life at the moment. Plus, I don't want to heavily contribute to overpopulation, I would feel far too guilty.

As alluded to the UK (and most of Eurasia) actually have fertility rates below 2 which means that immigration aside the population will shrink (China, Russia and Japan will collectively shed half a billion by the end of the century).

It is the Africans that you should stop breeding if you wish to address overpopulation. Indeed, from the UK's point of view we actually need more children to replace the aging labour force.
Don't forget at least one child might inherit your taste in luxury watches. :tongue:
Demanding a new one be added to the collection every birthday and christmas.
I've always wanted 5 kids, 3 boys 2 girls, ik realistically I can't afford it nor can I choose the genders but if I could I would :smile:
No woman's vagina should have to go through that.
Reply 26
Original post by Rakas21
It is the Africans that you should stop breeding if you wish to address overpopulation. Indeed, from the UK's point of view we actually need more children to replace the aging labour force.

What with increased famine and disease in africa you can't just have one child and put all your hopes and dreams on him like you'd do in the west. Dude might die, ...so you need lots of children to ensure at least some make it to adulthood and carry on your bloodline
Original post by londonmyst
Don't forget at least one child might inherit your taste in luxury watches. :tongue:
Demanding a new one be added to the collection every birthday and christmas.

If they want a Rolex they can pay for it themselves 😂
Only come to you howling for another Cartier, Gucci or Patek Philippe. :biggrin:
I don’t think it’s possible to look after the emotional needs of ten children. Providing for them physically would be tough enough.
I would like around six children ideally, so you are not alone, OP :smile: Don't let anyone discourage you from having however many children you feel you can support emotionally and materially - it should be the decision of you and your partner when the time comes.

Original post by YaliaV
I don’t think it’s possible to look after the emotional needs of ten children. Providing for them physically would be tough enough.

Have you met many people from large families? Most of them are very happy and fulfilled. If you have lots of siblings you have a larger support network than you would in a small family.
Well I’ve got 6 siblings
Original post by Anonymous
I would like around six children ideally, so you are not alone, OP :smile: Don't let anyone discourage you from having however many children you feel you can support emotionally and materially - it should be the decision of you and your partner when the time comes.

Have you met many people from large families? Most of them are very happy and fulfilled. If you have lots of siblings you have a larger support network than you would in a small family.

The older children are usually used as babysitters and none of them receive enough attention from the parents. I think it’s a selfish option nowadays and unnecessary.
Can never be me
I have 5 siblings. Trust me you don’t want a big family. If we ever want to go out as a family, parents and nephews/nieces included, we need 3 cars minimum lmaooooo. It’s a pain. But I’d love 3 kids maximum of my own
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone else secretly crave a stupid amount of children? Like 6+? Or am I just mad haha

Better get to the local council and sign up for fostering.
Reply 36
I couldn't even imagine having 1 :lol:
Reply 37
i want 4
two girls, two boys
Original post by 000_0000
i want 4
two girls, two boys

Imagine you have 3 children, during your 4th child you then have triplets. So now you have 6. What would you do?
Original post by Rakas21
As alluded to the UK (and most of Eurasia) actually have fertility rates below 2 which means that immigration aside the population will shrink (China, Russia and Japan will collectively shed half a billion by the end of the century).

Yep, you're right! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending