The Student Room Group

Girlfriend says if she got married to her first it’d be weird

My girlfriend said to me the other day if we were
to get married at some point it’d be weird because we’re both eachother first. This hurt me a bit as I interpreted it as that she doesn’t see me as something long term.
Original post by Anonymous
to get married at some point it’d be weird because we’re both eachother first. This hurt me a bit as I interpreted it as that she doesn’t see me as something long term.

Yeah I would think that as well, would make me wonder what her real intentions are.
How old are you?
Reply 3
Original post by Retired_Messiah
How old are you?

It definitely sounds like she doesn't view the relationship as serious. If you do, then you need to have a chat with her and decide if the relationship is worth continuing.
Is she 18 as well?
Reply 6

Yeah that would hurt anyone who initially took the relationship seriously.
Maybe you just saw it as something more than it actually was? In any case, talk to her about it.
wait... it would be weird if you got married because you know each other first? :confused:
Maybe don't take it too seriously. She can find it weird but she never outright said she wouldn't be up for it. I find it weird but I would still do it if I loved that person enough, it wouldn't stop me from thinking it's out of the norm for people of my generation to do so though.

A good relationship relies on communication, so instead of letting it fester in your mind and upset you speak to her about it?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
As in it’ll be weird because we are both each others first relationship
Yeh she is

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending