The Student Room Group

Can you define love?

Hiya, basically recently I have been writing a few songs and I was thinking about the idea of what love really means and is. Instead of putting all my opinions into the lyrics I thought would be great if I could hear what love is and means to different people.
So what does love mean to you? What do you think of first when you hear the word "love"? Can you compare love to any other feeling? What causes love? Is love something that is immediate or gradual? How do you know when you are 'in love' if it is gradual? You don't have to answer these questions just a simple guideline.
Any input is appreciated, thanks xx
(edited 4 years ago)
Love to me is trust and comfort, both in a romantic and a platonic way.
For me, love is looking at that certain person and your mind goes blank. You are relaxed and all your troubles alleviated. The only thought going through your mind is that person.
Love is not an emotion, love is a promise.
To me love means making sacrifices for someone and being selfless towards them
Reply 5
I completely agree with all of you. I actually love hearing different ways that people express the same factor. I guess love can be considered as a universal language that we can all understand and speak in our own ways xx
Reply 6
Genuine magnanimity, concern for someone over and above, or at expense of, yourself

Hard to do this
Reply 7
love is the way of being happy by losing yourself.....
The feeling i get when i look at a guinea pig
There is two types of love:

1. I love fish, thats why i take it out the waters and consume it (ending its life in the process of achieving my own interests).

2. And then theres real love, and the honourable selflessness that it encompasses
Love is when the person is still willing to take care of you because you were ill when you were young and even if you can manage your issues now and they see you as their baby no matter what your age (parents), love is also having banter and making personal jokes with siblings and being able to laugh and take the mick out of them.

Love also exists in the romantic sense, with your partner.
Reply 11
Joy. Magic. Equality. Madness.
You don’t have to keep your mask on around that person. Personally, it’s never happened :s-smilie:
And they accept you.
bliss is better than love.
Reply 14
I shoulda just said Jordan Henderson
Love is when you have a connection with the girl that you care about and would do anything for there is some people that cant take love on board and when you look at a girl and your mind goes blank she walks away and tells her friends you were staring at her
Original post by username4222532
Love is when you have a connection with the girl that you care about and would do anything for there is some people that cant take love on board and when you look at a girl and your mind goes blank she walks away and tells her friends you were staring at her

l agree with you 100%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending