The Student Room Group

UK Citizen but Living Abroad

Hello! I am a UK citizen and have lived in the UK for over 7 years. I moved back to my home country around 5 years ago and currently still living here but plan to study in the UK for University. Would I be considered a UK student or an international student?

Would also like to ask if Student Finance is possible and if not, any alternatives? Thank you :>
Original post by lmaodan
Hello! I am a UK citizen and have lived in the UK for over 7 years. I moved back to my home country around 5 years ago and currently still living here but plan to study in the UK for University. Would I be considered a UK student or an international student?

Would also like to ask if Student Finance is possible and if not, any alternatives? Thank you :>

If you have been living in your home country for the last 5 years and that country is not in the EU, then you will be considered as na international student and will not be entitled to UK public funding.

You need to have lived in the UK for the 3 years prior to start of degree.
As you say your home country is not the UK, but where you have been living for the last 5 years.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
If you have been living in your home country for the last 5 years and that country is not in the EU, then you will be considered as na international student and will not be entitled to UK public funding.

You need to have lived in the UK for the 3 years prior to start of degree.
As you say your home country is not the UK, but where you have been living for the last 5 years.

I currently live in the Philippines which is definitely not part of the EU. Thanks for the reply. Do you know of any way I can take student loans as an international student? .-.
Original post by lmaodan
I currently live in the Philippines which is definitely not part of the EU. Thanks for the reply. Do you know of any way I can take student loans as an international student? .-.

No.

The way to do it is to move back to the UK for 3 years and get a job, then you can apply as a home student fr home rates plus get access to finance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending