The Student Room Group

Sainsburys application on hold?

I had an interview a few days ago at Sainsburys.

However, my application was updated and it’s on“Application on hold” and they’ll keep me on file for 28 days for any vacancies ~

"Whilst we think you’d be a great fit for a position at Sainsbury’s, on this occasion there were other candidates who were better suited for the role. We’d like to keep your details on file for the next 28 days so we can get in touch if another suitable position becomes available"

Has anyone had this? How was your experience and were you contacted?

Thanks for any replies
(edited 4 years ago)
nope here but good luck :smile:
That sounds like a rejection to me I'm afraid. Keep on them and hopefully a new position will come up!
Reply 3
Original post by lloydmynumber
nope here but good luck :smile:

Reply 4
Original post by Rennaofravenwood
That sounds like a rejection to me I'm afraid. Keep on them and hopefully a new position will come up!

It could be, however when I called the store they said the same thing (i’d be contacted if a vacancy appeared) and this is actually a different email to the rejection one I’ve seen be sent. The status of the application also says “on hold” rather than “regretted” which is for a rejection, so ill also stay hopeful :wink:

Thanks for the advice, I’m sure something will come soon! :smile:
Reply 5
Hey, this happened to me! it was around 4 week after the interview at sainsburys I was contacted about mu current position. the person they hired dropped out so I was next in line. Check your emails regularly.
Reply 6
Original post by Emree
Hey, this happened to me! it was around 4 week after the interview at sainsburys I was contacted about mu current position. the person they hired dropped out so I was next in line. Check your emails regularly.

Ah, that's great to hear! Will do, cheers :smile:
Reply 7
An update to this thread - I got a job!

I applied as a trading assistant to a different Sainsburys and received an acceptance email today! :smile:
Original post by ahj.03
An update to this thread - I got a job!

I applied as a trading assistant to a different Sainsburys and received an acceptance email today! :smile:

Yayy! Congratulations!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending