The Student Room Group

Feeling undervalued and unappreciated

This ain’t a rant just wanting to take my frustrations out a little I do apologise otherwise…

I feel like a failure and flop. 23 years old, I did a-levels in information and communication technology and then doing a degree in computer network and technology, and I’ve still yet to find a graduate job for it, I don’t know where to start, where to look to or from, and the only side hussle I’m doing is just working part time in my local supermarket (Sainsbury's) where I feel under appreciated and ungrateful, especially for the amount of work for the number of shifts, how many times and the amount of effort I put in for them. I really want to look for a new job but even opportunities at the minute is limited and I don’t know what to do I feel anxious and stressed :frown:
Original post by User_name001
This ain’t a rant just wanting to take my frustrations out a little I do apologise otherwise…

I feel like a failure and flop. 23 years old, I did a-levels in information and communication technology and then doing a degree in computer network and technology, and I’ve still yet to find a graduate job for it, I don’t know where to start, where to look to or from, and the only side hussle I’m doing is just working part time in my local supermarket (Sainsbury's) where I feel under appreciated and ungrateful, especially for the amount of work for the number of shifts, how many times and the amount of effort I put in for them. I really want to look for a new job but even opportunities at the minute is limited and I don’t know what to do I feel anxious and stressed :frown:

Are there any specific job sites more aimed at jobs in the field you want to go into? That may be worth a look on google.
If not, look on indeed. Theres loads of jobs on there. Even if its not something directly related to what you want to do- something in a similar area is better than nothing until you find something better/work your way up.
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
Are there any specific job sites more aimed at jobs in the field you want to go into? That may be worth a look on google.
If not, look on indeed. Theres loads of jobs on there. Even if its not something directly related to what you want to do- something in a similar area is better than nothing until you find something better/work your way up.

Hello Emma…

I’ve looked on Indeed as my main source. Although I don’t know any specific sites to the field I want to go to what’s disheartening is getting emails over applications not progressing to the next stage or even if it’s a higher level apprenticeship at degree level. :frown:
Original post by User_name001
Hello Emma…

I’ve looked on Indeed as my main source. Although I don’t know any specific sites to the field I want to go to what’s disheartening is getting emails over applications not progressing to the next stage or even if it’s a higher level apprenticeship at degree level. :frown:
try gradcracker and then the company website from there, indeed can be weird, i’ve heard they don’t forward on ur application sometimes
Reply 4
Original post by needgoodgrades1
try gradcracker and then the company website from there, indeed can be weird, i’ve heard they don’t forward on ur application sometimes

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending