The Student Room Group

Can you take the pill at a different time?

I choose 8am to be when I take the pill cause it’s when I wake up for college but at weekends I sometimes set my alarm for 8 then take it and go back to sleep but sometimes I kinda just like a lie in without the wake up. So is it fine to take it just whenever I wake up every day? Like say one day 8am another 10am next day 9am?? If you get me. Please help cause I wanna go sleep now but dunno if I need to go get a drink to bring up to take it at 8?
You can take the pill within 3hours of your regular time however it’s advised not too as it won’t be as effective in preventing you from pregnancy. However if you’re taking the pill for other reasons like avoiding your period or to help with acne then there is 0 issue there. If I were you I’d just change the time you take the pill, when I was in college I took mine at 10:30 because that was my first break of the day. And this time will then work every day including weekends if you lie in-maybe try setting it to the time of your first break at school/college
I take it anytime I want and it seems to be working
It depends on which pill you are on. With some pills, you only get a 2 hour window in which you can take it (i.e. if you take it more than 2 hours late, it counts as a missed pill), and with others, you get 24 hours. I would check with a pharmacist or your GP.
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
It depends on which pill you are on. With some pills, you only get a 2 hour window in which you can take it (i.e. if you take it more than 2 hours late, it counts as a missed pill), and with others, you get 24 hours. I would check with a pharmacist or your GP.

I’m on Levest (combination pill) and every time I google it it says as long as I take it every day I’m fine it doesn’t matter but I worry that that’s untrue ...
Reply 5
Original post by MoonlightRain
I take it anytime I want and it seems to be working

Okay thank u!
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
You can take the pill within 3hours of your regular time however it’s advised not too as it won’t be as effective in preventing you from pregnancy. However if you’re taking the pill for other reasons like avoiding your period or to help with acne then there is 0 issue there. If I were you I’d just change the time you take the pill, when I was in college I took mine at 10:30 because that was my first break of the day. And this time will then work every day including weekends if you lie in-maybe try setting it to the time of your first break at school/college

My info sheet says a late pill isn’t just after 3 hours? It’s after 12?
Original post by Anonymous
My info sheet says a late pill isn’t just after 3 hours? It’s after 12?

I’m on the pill with the 7day break so maybe that’s why there is a difference

Quick Reply

Latest