The Student Room Group

What happens if I don't pay a parking fine?

I parked on a loading bay and when I got back I had a ticket on my window screen.

If said pay within the first 28 days.

I am unemployed and don't really have any money now, what happens if I don't pay it, I get a caution and criminal background?

How can I pay it when I have no money.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I parked on a loading bay and when I got back I had a ticket on my window screen.

I am unemployed and don't really have any money now, what happens if I don't pay it, I get a caution and criminal background?

You obviously do have money to buy petrol?!. And if yiu don't pay it they increase further. Yiu can call them and agree a payment plan. What you should not do is ignore it.!

The theory would be that if you can afford to run a car in terms of petrol, tax, insurance and maintenance, then you don't have 'no money'.

It's in your interests to pay it earlier, because there's usually a 50% discount if you pay it within the first fortnight. Is this a ticket from the council, or a private landlord (eg a parking ticket company)? I'm assuming it's from council parking enforcement, in which case if you don't pay you'll be taken to court.
Reply 3
I got this PCN on the 22nd Feb which it states it has to be paid no later then the last day of the period 28 days beginning when it was served to pay the full amount.

I drive my father's car which he is insured and pays the petrol. I have sent an email to them about this.
Reply 4
I got this PCN on the 22nd Feb which it states it has to be paid no later then the last day of the period 28 days beginning when it was served to pay the full amount.

I drive my father's car which he is insured and pays the petrol. I have sent an email to them about this.

then your dad will actually be pursued for the money if you dont pay because he is the registered owner.He wont be pleased.
The best thing to do would be contact whoever has issued the fine, explain your situation and set up a repayment plan. Much better than leaving it too late, getting a bigger fine and potentially having to go to court.

Why did you park in a loading bay?

Your actions have consequences.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending