The Student Room Group

Will the no contact rule help me get him back?

How likely is the no contact rule going to work? He's not really my ex just someone I was seeing for a good 7 months. However it ended because he told me he wasn't ready for a relationship, he told me he wanted me in his life but just as a friend. This hurt so much after things he was saying about wanting to be together and how I was good for him etc literally days before.

It's been a week with no contact and I'm finding it really difficult. I miss him so much. I used to talk to him everyday and with this lockdown and feeling lonely it doesn't help. I deleted him off Snapchat and unfollowed his Insta, to help stop the temptation of messaging him. He hasn't tried to reach out which I thought he might have done by now. He isn't even viewing my stories or liking my posts.

I just want him to see what's right in front of him, I want him to miss me and realise what he's lost because I was good for him, both him and his family said so. I just want him to out is fears about commitment to the side and see this.

Is there anything I can do?
Give him time and it might but it might not but this is solely dependant on him and his feelings for you over time but as of right now, he just wants to be your friend. You cant rush anyone when they arent ready for a relationship.
If you try to convince someone to be in a relationship with you, your relationship will inevitably fail. Better to leave it and see what happens - it sucks but that's life.
Damn that sucks. I know how it feels, it does really hurt when you want someone to want you but they’ve just emotionally detached.
If I’m honest it’s best not to contact him, it will be very hard but if you show weakness it makes you look unattractive & desperate, it’s sad but true.
Imo if he doesn’t want to be in a relationship there’s not much you can do. Only thing you can try really is leaving him alone & he might he miss you. If he doesn’t contact you then move on, it will be his loss.
Reply 4
The whole point of dating is to find out if you are compatible with someone. You and this guy saw each other for 7 months and he decided you're not the one for him. It happens, and in future it might be you that decides you don't want a relationship with someone you are seeing.

You can't force someone to feel differently about you. Unless you can manage to be friends with him, move on.
Original post by Anonymous
How likely is the no contact rule going to work? He's not really my ex just someone I was seeing for a good 7 months. However it ended because he told me he wasn't ready for a relationship, he told me he wanted me in his life but just as a friend. This hurt so much after things he was saying about wanting to be together and how I was good for him etc literally days before.

It's been a week with no contact and I'm finding it really difficult. I miss him so much. I used to talk to him everyday and with this lockdown and feeling lonely it doesn't help. I deleted him off Snapchat and unfollowed his Insta, to help stop the temptation of messaging him. He hasn't tried to reach out which I thought he might have done by now. He isn't even viewing my stories or liking my posts.

I just want him to see what's right in front of him, I want him to miss me and realise what he's lost because I was good for him, both him and his family said so. I just want him to out is fears about commitment to the side and see this.

Is there anything I can do?

The no contact rule is great for sweet short term benefits of a relationship, but never for a long term. Sounds like he has given up on the idea of you being together. Relationships are a two way street and he's clearly not interested now, stop trying to force it and refelect on what went wrong, learn from it and move forward. Life and time stops for nobody. Focus on being a good person and being proud of yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending