The Student Room Group

What should I do about my ex??

So I was with my bf for about 7 months (which I know isn’t that long but I genuinely loved and cared about him) when I found out he had been talking to his ex and sending her nudes, telling her he loved her etc. Although he only spoke to her a few times whilst we were together, of course when I found out I couldn’t believe it and I was really upset but I left him because cheating in my eyes is disgusting. However, it’s been over a month and he’s been messaging me every single day telling me how sorry he is and how he wants to change.

At first I kept on blocking him but he found different ways to contact me and kept on messaging my friend. After a couple of weeks I ended up unblocking his number so that he’d stop bothering other people but I didn’t reply. However, he kept on messaging me and calling me literally begging for another chance and idk what to do. It’d be way easier if he had just let me block him from the start and move on but now that he’s saying all of this, I’m afraid my feelings are gonna get the best of me and I’m gonna end up going back to him.

I can tell he’s genuinely sorry but I can’t forget the fact he cheated. I really don’t know what to do, should I give him another chance or just try and ignore him?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So I was with my bf for about 7 months (which I know isn’t that long but I genuinely loved and cared about him) when I found out he had been talking to his ex and sending her nudes, telling her he loved her etc. Although he only spoke to her a few times whilst we were together, of course when I found out I couldn’t believe it and I was really upset but I left him because cheating in my eyes is disgusting. However, it’s been over a month and he’s been messaging me every single day telling me how sorry he is and how he wants to change.

At first I kept on blocking him but he found different ways to contact me and kept on messaging my friend. After a couple of weeks I ended up unblocking his number so that he’d stop bothering other people but I didn’t reply. However, he kept on messaging me and calling me literally begging for another chance and idk what to do. It’d be way easier if he had just let me block him from the start and move on but now that he’s saying all of this, I’m afraid my feelings are gonna get the best of me and I’m gonna end up going back to him.

I can tell he’s genuinely sorry but I can’t forget the fact he cheated. I really don’t know what to do, should I give him another chance or just try and ignore him?

Dayum girl you are definitely in a predicament however i think i might know what you should do which is really rich coming from me but advice is kinda apparently my thing. Well to start off will the fact u left him because of your values regarding cheating I really respect you for that because many girls will let their feelings get the better of them and be very ignorant and fight the girl rather than the boy that decided to cheat on them (majority of the time the girl doesn't even know that they exist) anywho… the first thing i thought is be careful with his continuous efforts to win you back because it might not be genuine because boys nowadays are "predators" per say but what I will say though is you can't ignore him forever or at least shouldn't because you need to talk it out and I think still stand your ground because whether you are drunk or confused or are threatened to have someone kick your leg until it breaks CHEATING IS BANG OUT OF ORDER! AND WITH NUDES!?! oh hell nahh :mad: so I say leave that relationship in the past because there will most likely be someone that will respect you enough not to even look at other girls because you're a queen and deserve better and God will hopefully send that person for you in due time. So to sum up talk it out and express how you feel but stand your ground and ignore him (it will be hard because no doubt 7 months is a lot of time and you can build a very strong bond with someone in that time but your worth more trust me) he has realised that he has messed up big time and he needs you because you are a diamond that he allowed to be stolen dont worry girl your one will come and one that will love you and wont cheat :smile: hope tis was good advice I tend to blab on and on and on sorry about that:colondollar:
If you’ve made your decision then you should stick to it.
People can forgive different things but if you can’t or don’t want to forgive him then you’re going to need to be firm.
Do you genuinely think he’s sorry or is he sorry he got caught?
Only you know if he’s likely to do it again
Tell him it’s over and that he can’t contact you again.
If he carries on texting you and your friends then you should tell him you’re going to report him for harassment.
Reply 3
Genuinely sorry or trying to get back with you because he didn't get anywhere with the ex?

Will he change or just find a way to cheat again without being caught?

Stick to your guns and don't go back to him.

Girls who think like this are reason why ****boys will win every time. Lets the sociopathic games begin.
Cut him off.

Cut him off.
He was willing to go behind your back and those things with his ex. He is most likely only sorry he got caught and wants another chance with you just to boost his ego, control the damage and have someone to run back to once it all hits the fan. He will most likely see the second chance as a way to take advantage of you and walk over you, again. If I were you I'd tell him never to contact you, or your friends again. You left him for a reason. As you said, cheating is disgusting. He has smashed your trust, he isn't worth it.
Reply 6
Original post by RukiaStudies
Cut him off.

Cut him off.
He was willing to go behind your back and those things with his ex. He is most likely only sorry he got caught and wants another chance with you just to boost his ego, control the damage and have someone to run back to once it all hits the fan. He will most likely see the second chance as a way to take advantage of you and walk over you, again. If I were you I'd tell him never to contact you, or your friends again. You left him for a reason. As you said, cheating is disgusting. He has smashed your trust, he isn't worth it.

But every time I try to cut him off he keeps on messaging/ calling me. Even if I changed my number he’d find a way to contact me.
Reply 7
But every time I try to cut him off he keeps on messaging/ calling me. Even if I changed my number he’d find a way to contact me.

Don't respond. Tidy up your social media and set your mobile to block unknown callers.

My cheating ex had a saying "he's your ex for a reason". When he tried to get back with me, I applied his own saying to him. Not seen him for years, and not sorry I stuck to my guns and let him go.

You don't have to reply. Put yourself in control, please!!
Original post by Oxford Mum
You don't have to reply. Put yourself in control, please!!

Okay I’ll try, I’ll let you know how it goes.
Okay I’ll try, I’ll let you know how it goes.

Please do! Too many ops, once they have an answer, do not reply. You can PM me if you would rather.

Why dont you simply write everthing you feel and send it to him in a journal Notebook .
Original post by Oxford Mum
Please do! Too many ops, once they have an answer, do not reply. You can PM me if you would rather.

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I haven’t spoken to him in over a week now which is progress for me. I thought he finally understood where I was coming from because when we had our last phone call he said he didn’t wanna upset me anymore so he’d leave me alone.

However, 2 days later he sent me loads of messages again telling me how he misses me too much and he can’t be without me. Then he started messaging less but today he rang me loads (even though I didn’t answer) and kept on messaging me saying he ‘didn’t understand what’s stopping me’ from picking up and how ‘he’s not here to hurt me’.

There’s no point in me blocking his number because he’ll find other ways to contact me so I suppose the best thing for me to do is carry on ignoring him? But I don’t really see him stopping anytime soon and I feel like he’s tryna make me feel bad for ignoring him..
Also when my phone died today his calls must have not gone through so he made a whole new snapchat just to message me asking why they weren’t delivering. He also emailed me a couple days ago.
Reply 15
Leave him. If you stay, your teaching him that this behavior is acceptable.
When he finally leaves you ( if you stay ), hes going to go do the same crap to another poor girl.
You deserve better. There are so many great guys that you could date. Why would you want to put up with this crap from this one guy?
Reply 16
However, 2 days later he sent me loads of messages again telling me how he misses me too much and he can’t be without me. Then he started messaging less but today he rang me loads (even though I didn’t answer) and kept on messaging me saying he ‘didn’t understand what’s stopping me’ from picking up and how he’s not here to hurt me’.

There’s no point in me blocking his number because he’ll find other ways to contact me so I suppose the best thing for me to do is carry on ignoring him? But I don’t really see him stopping anytime soon and I feel like he’s tryna make me feel bad for ignoring him..

He 'misses you' means he's not got anywhere with his other options, like his ex, and wants to get with you again. Don't be anyone's fallback option!

He's 'not here to hurt you'? Shame he didn't think about that before he cheated.

Trying to make you feel bad for ignoring him? That's emotional blackmail and a low tactic. He made you feel horrendous by how he behaved!

Keep ignoring him. You deserve better. :heart:
Hey, sorry for the late reply. I haven’t spoken to him in over a week now which is progress for me. I thought he finally understood where I was coming from because when we had our last phone call he said he didn’t wanna upset me anymore so he’d leave me alone.

However, 2 days later he sent me loads of messages again telling me how he misses me too much and he can’t be without me. Then he started messaging less but today he rang me loads (even though I didn’t answer) and kept on messaging me saying he ‘didn’t understand what’s stopping me’ from picking up and how ‘he’s not here to hurt me’.

He said he doesn't want to hurt you, then he just carries on harrassing you!

Delete him from all social media and if you can block his calls, please do. This kind of "campaign" to win you back is not impressive. He will only end up breaking your heart all over again at a later date. Maybe his ex has turned him down, and in lockdown, you are the only game left in town. Be strong.

I have the same problem actually. Before lockdown, a guy in my group pretended he liked me (when he didn't fancy me, as he admitted). He was friends just for his own vanity, and when he found out I liked him, he laughed in my face and tried to say he "may" be ready for a relationship in 6 months time. I wasn't having any of it, and said our friendship is at an end.

So now in our group chat, he is saying he will get some shopping for me and keeps saying how attractive I always looked (even though he admitted he "never fancied me". This is because of lockdown and I, like you, am the only game in town. Insulting, isn't it?

Well, if he makes a play for me after lockdown, he will have a nasty surprise. There is absolutely no way I will ever have anything more to do with him, and indeed as I was getting to know him, I realised I didn't like him as a person at all.

Think of all the bad things he has done to you, and the fact he is not trustworthy.

Look around you after lockdown, and see that you have more, and better choice.
Also when my phone died today his calls must have not gone through so he made a whole new snapchat just to message me asking why they weren’t delivering. He also emailed me a couple days ago.

Don't reply to snapchat, phone calls, anything.

Let him wonder where his bad treatment has got him. Please let him be someone else's problem in the future.
Original post by Surnia
He 'misses you' means he's not got anywhere with his other options, like his ex, and wants to get with you again. Don't be anyone's fallback option!

He's 'not here to hurt you'? Shame he didn't think about that before he cheated.

Trying to make you feel bad for ignoring him? That's emotional blackmail and a low tactic. He made you feel horrendous by how he behaved!

Keep ignoring him. You deserve better. :heart:

Absolutely. Have NO interraction with him from now on.

In the end he will give up and start bugging some other girl.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending