The Student Room Group

Mum is forcing me to do her uni work

My mum is forcing me to do her uni work for her. It’s unfair and it’s tripling my work load immensely. I should be prioritising the things I have to do this year in terms of early UCAS admission but instead I have to restructure everything around her work. What should I do, I’m sick of this
Reply 1
I genuinely just chuckled [sorry lol]
Tell your mum to do her own work you have your own life.
Reply 3
It’s not funny, she forces me to do her essays and work for her whilst she dies nothing for her degree, sticking all the work on me. I’ve had enough, I’m trying to get into medicine next year and she’s leeching every bit of time I have, it’s wrong and absolutely not funny. Believe it or not, genuine advice on how to deal with this is actually needed
Reply 4
*does
Original post by Anonymous
My mum is forcing me to do her uni work for her. It’s unfair and it’s tripling my work load immensely. I should be prioritising the things I have to do this year in terms of early UCAS admission but instead I have to restructure everything around her work. What should I do, I’m sick of this

What about your dad or are you doing his as well?
Wow.
(edited 3 years ago)
It’s not funny, she forces me to do her essays and work for her whilst she dies nothing for her degree, sticking all the work on me. I’ve had enough, I’m trying to get into medicine next year and she’s leeching every bit of time I have, it’s wrong and absolutely not funny. Believe it or not, genuine advice on how to deal with this is actually needed

Refuse to do it or write rubbish ... stand up for yourself.
Reply 8

secretly record her forcing you to do the homework and make sure it's obvious that she has made you do in the past too.

once you have your recording demand that she stops forcing you.
If she threatens you with any repercussions threaten to turn in the recording to her uni and get her kicked off her course :h:

most likely she will relent and stop forcing you to do her work

/problem solved

I mean, what kind of advice can we give?
1. Tell her you don't want to do it anymore and it's affecting you
2. Tell her it's too difficult and you can't do it
3. Tell your teachers/ tutors and ask for help
4. Email her university about the problems
5. Just outright refuse to do it and wait to see how she gonna cope
6. Ask for payment
Do the assignments to a really poor standard and watch with glee as she fails
Original post by 999tigger
What about your dad or are you doing his as well?

No I don’t know them, I was actually adopted and found her but she’s bat **** crazy so I left her home and moved to London to start university I’ve just completed my first year my advice is focus on yourself
Oops sorry I replied to something I thought was a response to me and I can’t delete it ^
Everyone need to take this seriously I would say move out and rent an apartment or room and do your own work or talk to your mum about it and tell her how you feel COs that’s so unfair for you or complete all your work first and see if you have time to help her
No I don’t know them, I was actually adopted and found her but she’s bat **** crazy so I left her home and moved to London to start university I’ve just completed my first year my advice is focus on yourself

Oops sorry I replied to something I thought was a response to me and I can’t delete it ^

when you accidentally reply on the wrong alt troll account

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending