The Student Room Group

Do universities require Tier 4 Student visas, even if classes are online?

Hello, I am an American and my passport is due for passport renewal asap, however the USA is not processing these at this time and there is no tell-tale time of when they will. It's extremely unsettling as I might need to get a visa and that it might be delayed too.

I haven't gotten word from my university if it will go online, so that's why I'm concerned about getting this done still.

If the possibility that my course is going to be switched online for university this year, are they still requiring international students to have a student visa?

Students like myself, cannot help the delay processing times for passport renewals and visas because they are out of service until further notice. Does anyone have an answer? Thanks.

I think universities should consider all the difficulties international students are facing during this pandemic. We want to study so badly, but our passport/visa services are not even open to grant us access to them!
i know that my university is not chasing any current students who's visas have expired, because even the government is not considering such a person to be an overstayer - that would suggest freshers will face the same leniency but once visas can be obtained more easily and/or the course is once again taught in person, that will of course go back to normal
Thanks, that makes sense! I suppose we'll have to see what changes are or are not going to made within the next few months! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending