The Student Room Group

Guys, would you stay up till 1:00 texting a girl if you had no romantic interest?

My crush and I have been texting at 1:00am (from like 22:00 to 1:00 or starting at 1:00) and I’m not sure what it means. He knows full well that I like him, but when I asked him out, it was brief, he said maybe in a joking voice, we moved onto talking about llamas.(don’t ask😂) You think he likes me or he just sees me as a friend? He’s never said I was a good friend or some friendzoney crap like that so I think I’m fine but not sure if he feels the same way. Any thoughts?
I wouldn't read into it. He's probably up anyway, how do you know he stays up just to talk to you?
Also that's not really enough to like him, what has he actually done for you? Why do you like him? (not including looks)
i have a guy friend that is so so flirtatious and always jokes about marrying me and we’ve been friends for 4 years. we talk all the time from 10-3am texting even after work we sat in his car for 3 hours just talking. it’s so hard to tell with guys if they just enjoy the attention bc they know u like them or they actually enjoy talking to u and are into u :/// you say he knows you like him? maybe he is just nervous and doesn’t know how to move with it. i think if he didn’t like u in that way then he would break contact after you said u liked him- it would’ve scared him away. i think you should take things easy and slow and don’t freak him out. keep behaving the normal way you do- you don’t want to scare him away but maybe flirt a bit more or make some jokes but don’t come on too strong as you aren’t sure of his feelings and you don’t want to lose a friend
Yes I would with no romantic interest to answer your question. But based on the other limited info in your post sounds you're in with chance. :wink:
To add I disagree with anon #2 whilwe I wouldn't take that as definite if you want ask them out, do it! You'd probably regret not doing it more (in the short term at least).
Yeah I do sometimes just cos I’m normally up at that time anyway. I wouldn’t specifically stay awake purposely to talk to anybody though whether I liked them or not!
Original post by x.EllaNutella.x
My crush and I have been texting at 1:00am (from like 22:00 to 1:00 or starting at 1:00) and I’m not sure what it means. He knows full well that I like him, but when I asked him out, it was brief, he said maybe in a joking voice, we moved onto talking about llamas.(don’t ask😂) You think he likes me or he just sees me as a friend? He’s never said I was a good friend or some friendzoney crap like that so I think I’m fine but not sure if he feels the same way. Any thoughts?

I wouldn’t put a label to it until he does. Like you said he knows you like him and you’ve already shoot your shot so it’s up to him to make a move. Have fun and try not to get your heart too entangled.

A guy texting until 1am doesn’t say much, trust me 😂 especially when no one has much to do right now during covid 19 but every guy is different and if you know him in real life personally then you’ll know better then any of us on here.
Reply 7
I’m a guy.
I was textin a bunch of guys till 5 in the mornin.
It’s half 6 now.

i.e. it means nothing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending