The Student Room Group

Results day

Hi all!
I did Maths, Economics and Psychology A Level
I have firmed a place at a uni to do maths foundation. The only issue is that I got an E in the Psychology mock (39%) and a U in the Economics mock (38%) but for maths, I do distance learning and I have been averaging around 60%-80%. I am not sure what to think. Should I be worried. I need CCC to get in
(edited 3 years ago)
Besides the mock did you do any tests and what grades did you usually get?
Idk how they’re assessing exactly, but they probably look at all the grades you got over the year(s)
Yeah, like the commenter above mentioned, they should be taking into account a range of grades that you've achieved over your years at college/sixth form. This includes things like coursework, classroom assessments, mocks, practice papers, etc. This was posted by Ofqual directed towards students a while back:

"How will grades be calculated?
Your school or college will be asked to send exam boards two pieces of information for each of your subjects, based on what they know about your work and achievements:

•the grade they believe you were most likely to get if teaching,learning and exams had happened as planned
•within each subject, the order of students at your school or college,by performance, for each grade. This information will be used tostandardise judgements –allowing fine tuning of the standardapplied across schools and colleges

Your school or college will consider a range of things like your classwork and homework; your results in assignments and any mock exams; any non-exam assessment or coursework you might have done; and your general progress during your course.This information will allow us, with exam boards, to standardise grades across schools and colleges, to make sure that, as far as possible, results are fair and that students are not advantaged or disadvantaged because their schools or colleges are more generous or harsh than others when 3 April 2020 GCSE, AS and A level students in England
making those judgements. That means the final grade you get could be different from the one your school or college sends to the exam board."

Whether this made you more or less nervous (if it's the latter, I'm sorry!), hopefully this gave you a bit more of an idea of what kind of grade you'll get ahahahah

I also hope things turn out well for you in the end :smile: x
Reply 3
Original post by -_Dynasty_-
Yeah, like the commenter above mentioned, they should be taking into account a range of grades that you've achieved over your years at college/sixth form. This includes things like coursework, classroom assessments, mocks, practice papers, etc. This was posted by Ofqual directed towards students a while back:

"How will grades be calculated?
Your school or college will be asked to send exam boards two pieces of information for each of your subjects, based on what they know about your work and achievements:

•the grade they believe you were most likely to get if teaching,learning and exams had happened as planned
•within each subject, the order of students at your school or college,by performance, for each grade. This information will be used tostandardise judgements –allowing fine tuning of the standardapplied across schools and colleges

Your school or college will consider a range of things like your classwork and homework; your results in assignments and any mock exams; any non-exam assessment or coursework you might have done; and your general progress during your course.This information will allow us, with exam boards, to standardise grades across schools and colleges, to make sure that, as far as possible, results are fair and that students are not advantaged or disadvantaged because their schools or colleges are more generous or harsh than others when 3 April 2020 GCSE, AS and A level students in England
making those judgements. That means the final grade you get could be different from the one your school or college sends to the exam board."

Whether this made you more or less nervous (if it's the latter, I'm sorry!), hopefully this gave you a bit more of an idea of what kind of grade you'll get ahahahah

I also hope things turn out well for you in the end :smile: x

Thank you! it did. I just have to sit tight. Hope for the best!

Quick Reply

Latest