The Student Room Group

Does he owe me an explanation?

My boyfriend broke up with me and I asked,"Why?" and he got his friend on the phone and she said,"If he wants to break up with you that's his choice. Stop controlling him." I just genuienly want to know why he broke up with me. I'm not saying this just to fix the problem, I really want to know. Does he owe me an explanation?
Reply 1
He doesnt owe you anything. It would be nice of him to give you some closure, but he obviously isnt going to so you need to move on.
Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend broke up with me and I asked,"Why?" and he got his friend on the phone and she said,"If he wants to break up with you that's his choice. Stop controlling him." I just genuienly want to know why he broke up with me. I'm not saying this just to fix the problem, I really want to know. Does he owe me an explanation?

Explanations aren't really useful at this point, you may want to know why, but once you know it probably won't make you feel any better.
You .at just have to come to terms with not knowing.
He sounds like an immature child anyway, seeing as he broke up with you on the phone and then got his friend to talk to you.
If it was me I’d try to get an explanation out of him. Not knowing would eat me alive. But if he doesn’t want to say, that’s his problem I guess.
Yes, he should tell you why he wants to break up... he shouldn’t leave you wondering and overthinking everything. But the fact that he said u was controlling probably had something to do with it. Don’t give him another chance, it’s completely immature of him to get his friend involved.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending