The Student Room Group

Very embarrassed about my hair

I am so embarrassed as I’m writing this so please don’t judge. Today I went to a free consultation for my hair. I am mixed race girl with long Afro hair. My hair has been damaged for years; I used to straighten it every day with no heat protector and sometimes I’d wear it in a bun for a 2 weeks straight. The hairdresser was very blunt and said that I would have to get it cut short because it was so tangled and in such a bad condition that she couldn’t save it. I was so embarrassed, I just wanted to cry but I just smiled and was polite. She kept asking how I’d let it get into such a bad state and I was too shy to admit that it was due to my low mood. I just said I was lazy and I could tell that she and the other girl were judging me.

I know that I need to book an appointment for a haircut but I’m embarrassed to go back. I know she’ll ask again, and I don’t know wether telling her about my low mood is appropriate or not. I’m also worried that she might tell other people about how bad my hair is, some of which might know who I am. I thought today would be positive, but it’s just made me feel disgusting and embarrassed.
Love yourself, who cares about what others think of you.
It really doesn't matter if they are judging you or not, you are paying them to provide you are service and all that matters is that you get the service that you need.

At the end of the day it is just hair, just cut it off and start again.
Reply 3
Do what's best for you and your hair. If you have to cut it short take it as a chance to have a new start and treat yourself and your hair better. But you really shouldn't waste your energy on negative people x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending