The Student Room Group
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London

St George’s 2020 Biomedicine

Hey there ,
Anyone starting biomed at George’s this September ? :smile:
Hi! Im starting medicine at SGUL in September! Are you staying in halls?
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London
Reply 2
Original post by katty.c.h
Hi! Im starting medicine at SGUL in September! Are you staying in halls?

Hey !! I got an offer for halls but since most teaching is online at least for the first semester , I decided it’s probably best to leave it !
Original post by SELVA123
Hey there ,
Anyone starting biomed at George’s this September ? :smile:

Hey @SELVA123

I'm just going into my third year of Biomed at George's, let me know if you have any questions and I'm happy to help :smile:

Best Wishes,
Lauren
3rd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep
Reply 4
Original post by St George's, University of London
Hey @SELVA123

I'm just going into my third year of Biomed at George's, let me know if you have any questions and I'm happy to help :smile:

Best Wishes,
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep

Hi Lauren ,

I was wondering even as a biomed student , is it possible to join medical societies ( ie emergency or surgical or space Med ) at George’s ?

Kind Regards
Earnest
Original post by SELVA123
Hi Lauren ,

I was wondering even as a biomed student , is it possible to join medical societies ( ie emergency or surgical or space Med ) at George’s ?

Kind Regards
Earnest

Hi @SELVA123

It's absolutely possible and totally encouraged! I've personally got involved with Paeds soc, Emergency Med soc, and Obs and Gynae soc. They all welcome Biomed students :smile:

Hope that helps!
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep
Reply 6
Hi @SELVA123

It's absolutely possible and totally encouraged! I've personally got involved with Paeds soc, Emergency Med soc, and Obs and Gynae soc. They all welcome Biomed students :smile:

Hope that helps!
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep

Thanks Lauren !!
Hey @SELVA123

Best Wishes,
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep

Hi did you apply for transfer in second year? If so, how did it go?
Original post by Anonymous

Hello!

Whilst you are waiting for Lauren's response, let me know if you have any questions about the transfer and I will be more than happy to help!

Best Wishes,
MJ
4th Year MBBS
Official Uni Rep St. George's
Hello!

Whilst you are waiting for Lauren's response, let me know if you have any questions about the transfer and I will be more than happy to help!

Best Wishes,
MJ
4th Year MBBS
Official Uni Rep St. George's

Hi is it possible to know if the MMI for transfer is like a typical MMI? Is it possible to know how many people actually got interviewed this year?

Hi there! So transfer isn't something you apply for - if you meet the minimum threshold you get invited to interview and then you decline it if you're not interested. I met the threshold but was unsuccessful at interview so have just sent off my UCAS application for grad med courses.

Hi is it possible to know if the MMI for transfer is like a typical MMI? Is it possible to know how many people actually got interviewed this year?

It may have changed by the time you get there, but for us it was a standard MMI. Unfortunately I have no idea how many people got interviewed this year so can't help with that. If you really want to know, you could submit a freedom of information request.

Hope that helps!
Lauren
SGUL Official Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending