S1M001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hey, quick questions about contextual offers. Any advice is appreciated!

1) can btec students qualify for a contextual offer?
2) if I have already obtained there btec requirement can I ask them to reduce my gcse requirement?

Thanks for any help provided!
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
yes
no, you can't ask them to reduce their requirements - if you've already got the grades they either accept you or decline you
S1M001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by HoldThisL)
yes
no, you can't ask them to reduce their requirements - if you've already got the grades they either accept you or decline you
For a course I’m interested in, I meet their btec requirement however I’m one grade of their gcse requirement. So they would decline me? Or would they give me a contextual offer reducing gcse requirement?

Thanks for your answer btw
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by S1M001)
For a course I’m interested in, I meet their btec requirement however I’m one grade of their gcse requirement. So they would decline me? Or would they give me a contextual offer reducing gcse requirement?

Thanks for your answer btw
Contextual offers only normally apply to A levels (or equivalent) not to GCCEs.
Unis are normally strict about GCSE requirements but you should check with the Admissions team at the uni whether they would still consider your application
McGinger
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by S1M001)
Hey, quick questions about contextual offers. Any advice is appreciated!

1) can btec students qualify for a contextual offer?
2) if I have already obtained there btec requirement can I ask them to reduce my gcse requirement?

Thanks for any help provided!
1) Depends on the Uni. Bristol, as one example, doesnt. But may still target you for an offer as a contextual applicant.

2) GCSEs are about basic skills - thats why the most common requirements are Maths and English grades. No, they wont reduce this requirement - everyone needs the same basic skills. Retake the GCSE, and they will include that as a separate condition. Your last school may be willing to let you retake it there (ie. just to sit the exam).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (58)
13.52%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (55)
12.82%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (164)
38.23%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.72%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (83)
19.35%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.36%

Watched Threads